Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti spam program?

Options
  • 30-04-2003 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for an anti-spam program, if there is any you guys know of, plz do tell. My outlook is getting around 15 spam emails a day even though I am adding them all to the junk email rule

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Not sure about OE, but if you can, I'd recommend you try Mozilla. Version 1.3+ has a Beysian (sp?) spam filter. Basically it 'learns' what is and what isn't spam and can deal with mail appropriately.

HTH

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

haha for once im able to help someone. ive been using this program for the last week now and its absolutely brialliant
    iHateSpam Outlook Express Edition 3.0
    u can get a registeration for it handy enuff if u search for it.

iHATESPAM Outlook Express edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Have a look at http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ - I've been using this successfully for about 4 months, and I get about 50 spams a day. I have never got a false positive (other than a few on the ryanair.com mails when it was still learning), and only a few false negatives. It is an email proxy server, so you can use any POP3 email client with it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I need to get something to sit on our exchange server in work to filter out spam. It has to be reasonably priced and easy to integrate. It would be great if it had regular expression tests and black/white lists.

Any suggestions?

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

thanks for help !

I should of been more specific, I'm using Outlook XP, not OE ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

ando - I'm using POPfile with Outlook XP and it works really well.

TmB - I suppose you could use spamassassin (dunno if it plugs into exchange though)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Coudmark is also fairly ok. Although it won't stop these getting into your inbox, it will delete them after a few seconds.

http://www.cloudmark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Check out Spam Assassin

I've not used it (yet) myself, although I have it installed. I need to configure it for my email client though since it's not a "standard" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ando
    thanks for help !

I should of been more specific, I'm using Outlook XP, not OE ;)
    There's an iHateSpam for proper Outlook also. Works fine with my Outlook XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Has anyone tried "Mailwasher" ?. You view all your emails before it come to Outlook Express and it gives you the option to boune it back or delete it there and then at your mail server.

It was funny when i started using it when a few spam email arrived saying "testing" in the subject line. It was pitty I didnt get to bounce it back earlier tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm a paying customer of Mailwasher, a beta tester, and a beta tester of CFS (their user-driven SPAM blacklist).

I swear by it.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

If you're using a POP e-mail a/c this should be worth a look:

http://saproxy.bloomba.com/

SpamAssassin proxy for pop mail.

I use SpamAssassin myself, although not with a POP a/c. Have used it for well over a year now. Only had 2 or 3 false positives and it lets maybe 2 or 3 spams through a month at most. Which is amazing performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement