Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd. to Tour the States

• 30-04-2003 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I was just listening to the raido and it was mentioned that Man Utd. were to tour the States this summer for some promotional/exhibition matches, nothing wrong with that, but the reporter raised the point about whether or not Roy will travel with them?!?!?
    I can’t really see him not going as he is one of their biggest stars. But it does raise the point that if he does go it fairly contradicts his reasons for dropping out of the Irish squad…………..R&R me Boll*x!!!

http://www.muscusa.com/us_tour_2003.html

Manchester United, the world's most popular soccer club, will bring its stars and its style to the United States next summer with a four-game, four-city tour that will see them challenged by world-renowned clubs from Europe and Mexico.

Under the leadership of legendary head coach Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United will face a lineup of champion teams that includes Glasgow Celtic (Scotland), Club América (Mexico), Juventus (Italy) and FC Barcelona (Spain). The tour, which will run from July 22 through August 3………and so on, and so on,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Benbaz
    I was just listening to the raido and it was mentioned that Man Utd. were to tour the States this summer for some promotional/exhibition matches, nothing wrong with that, but the reporter raised the point about whether or not Roy will travel with them?!?!?
    I can’t really see him not going as he is one of their biggest stars. But it does raise the point that if he does go it fairly contradicts he reasons for dropping out of the Irish squad…………..R&R me Boll*x!!!

http://www.muscusa.com/us_tour_2003.html

Manchester United, the world's most popular soccer club, will bring its stars and its style to the United States next summer with a four-game, four-city tour that will see them challenged by world-renowned clubs from Europe and Mexico.

Under the leadership of legendary head coach Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United will face a lineup of champion teams that includes Glasgow Celtic (Scotland), Club América (Mexico), Juventus (Italy) and FC Barcelona (Spain). The tour, which will run from July 22 through August 3………and so on, and so on,

Top level club football is getting on my tits!

I now read that the G14 want a slice of the World Cup 2006 profits for 'letting' their players participate which I find insulting in itself. Yet at the same time clubs decide they have the time and manpower to go on these meaningless (footballwise at least!) p.r. tours to uncharted market$.

I'm boycotting the premiership from this point on. I'm just sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Why do these clubs even travel that far? Is it to increase the profile of the club, sort of holiday, or what?

Did Roy Keane not retire from international football in case of injuries and the toll on his body?
    Playing in a tour like that wouldn't exactly be amazingly competitive and are usually used to test out new players, new formations etc.. so I don't think whether Roy goes or not is really an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

in defense of them this would be in preseason territory, charity shield would be within two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Id say its for a bit of pre season fun and a trip to help raise their profile id say, Im surprised more English top flight clubs (Arsenal,Liverpool,Newcastle.. Chelsea..) aint doing it or maybe they will. One could shift a hell of a lot of merchandise to any would be fans of the clubs over there.

All hail the mighty Dollar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I think Liverpool have entered the competition in Netherlands -the same one as last year. Ajax are in it again afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ooh might go to that then, was decent last few times i went to it and ya never know, might be able to insult GH and slag off liverpool in person. I see no drawbacks yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

thats exactly the decision maker here, raise profile, play some top clubs, and ultimately more dollars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Well if they were looking for more dollar...they should go to Latin America(what a continent that is), they would also up the profile and get more support because thats how Real get so much support making Ronaldo the most commercial player in football, yes ahead of Beckham...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

thats just it isnt it, Latin America is already big into football while the states still prefer their american football baseball etc. Huge relatively untapped market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Good point. I wonder what sort of **** theyll be doing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement