Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hamster bite his cage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by koneko
    Bond-James Bond,

Read the site that links to. It's a page with recipes FOR hamsters :)

Amp was just being silly.

Heh, I probably shouldn't have used such language though and I apologise profusely. It's all DeVore's fault. I've got that phrase stuck in my head from that Penny Arcade cartoon in his Photopost.

Also I'd like to point out that with a nick that kills people probably illegally*, destroys public property and goes quite often has unprotected sex with many many different women, your hardly setting a good example to our younger readers, Mr Bond.

Pot: You expect me to talk, you black hearted evil fiend?
    Kettle: No Mr Pot, I expect you to DIE!

*Sure he's got a license to kill, but nobody ever checks it, and I hardly think it's valid in all the locations he snuffs people at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Originally posted by Victor
    Surely the other way around, with this suggestion he won't know when night or day is.

nope, right way round :D

see, hamsters are nocturnal and sleep 90% of the day, so if you make them think day is night, eventually they will stay awake all day an because ur putting a light on them at night, they will think night is day and sleep at night!! ;) (Try saying *that* ten times fast! LOL) :) ....but the idea is to make him think day is night and night is day, to re-train his inner-clock so to speak :) (it does work, rather quickly, but takes a little patience) :)

oh an super_canard?..... lolol re ur answer, but it did remind me, lol..... a particularly bad hamster i had once did it despite the spray, so i got creative and tried olbus (sp?) oil thinking the smell would keep him away......it worked too.......However if you do this, wash ur hands at least 10 times before u pee :eek: ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭super_canard

Originally posted by Dawntreader

oh an super_canard?..... lolol re ur answer, but it did remind me, lol..... a particularly bad hamster i had once did it despite the spray, so i got creative and tried olbus (sp?) oil thinking the smell would keep him away......it worked too.......However if you do this, wash ur hands at least 10 times before u pee :eek: ;)

B

It's not for my "little friend down there" that I'm worry about with nasty hands :-)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

it burns eh?

bet not as much as tiger balm. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by koneko
    Amp was just being silly.
    thats Amp being Amp ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 liam4mail

I do love the binary quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Ronika

Hey dont know if your still havin the problem with ur hamster biting d bars. I got a plastic cage with just bars at the top but she still able to climb up to them an eat them for most of the nite so what I do is get a cardboard off kitchen rollholder and put it in her cage and she is very happy to sit their knawing at that for most of the night also if you let him out in his ball for about 2-3hrs it usually tires them out (well most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

i had a hamster years ago and he used to bite like mad at night so I usually just fecked the cage into another room. I always thought it was cos he was just really bored. He had a wheel which he did use and a ball but i thught the ball was lousy because he used to poo a lot in it and then you'd hear them rattling around inside it!!!

Do you reckon they are really happy tho in the cage? I wonder do they hate it. I'd love to get a hamster again though. hmmm.....

Advertisement