Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I gotta say, I'm a tad dissapointed..

Options
  • 30-04-2003 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

..actually very dissapointed. Was anyone at the Coral last night (she said ooh baby I feel so..)?
    One word: overratedpileofwank.
    After waiting SIX mothertruckin months (as David Lee Roth would say. Probably) they played for one minute less than an hour, the last 15 minutes being the same god damn song, which I can only refer to as musical ****. Not even an encore. Fookin scallies.
    On the plus side, the Basement were wicked, and the transformers were there. hahaha SAPS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

hahahaha and your man from Listo 'come along come along'. what a genius. and your man from the Basement's not bad either........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Well they have only got one good song so....
    As for the Transfromers i think they're so bloody funny. Me and few friends were on our way into town on the bus a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night and they all get on the bus and sit in front of us...
    Being very very drunk at the time it was very surreal!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Originally posted by Jolene
    the last 15 minutes being the same god damn song, which I can only refer to as musical ****. Not even an encore. Fookin scallies.

And in the Ambassador? It must have sounded deadly!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i've only been to the ambassador once, but the sound was feckin brilliant the time i was there... maybe i stood in the right place or something... i can never get the sound bashing though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Adreena

Oh I was meant to go to that but I was too sick to go which sucked.... I have heard mixed reviews of The Coral live.... I love them and would've loved to have seen them.... but ah well

• Advertisement

don't get me wrong, they were good. in a we-sound-the-exact-same-live-as-we-do-on-CD kind of way. but audience interaction was to a Scouse mumbling minimum. maybe it's their hatred of groupies. i'm not bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I have to disagre slightly altough that last song was a bit pretensious I thought there were pretty good overal.
    They ony have one album(altough the second is due out soon) and as far as i know it was their first gig since the gig since yer man injured his hand(maybe thats due to to much musical **** as you put it) not the greatest gig of time but better than youre making out.
    As yes the basment were very good
    did anyone else find with two scouce bands and one derry band they couldnt understand a single word any of the bands said between songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Look, I went to the Coral last night, I really really enjoyed it. I haven't been excited about a gig like this in a long time. It's great to see a gang of gougers on the stage, not worried about how they look or nothin, just really into their music. They were tight as a virgins underwear. They rocked the shop. I know the last song went into a long jam and all but thats what music is all about, it's like being invited into the bands little world. Big bands like Led Zep, the Doors and Pink Floyd used to thrive on stuff like that. Did you see the drummer during it, jaysus, he was fookin deadly and the guitarist with the mad eyes, fook it, they were all deadly. Better than them c*nts the Strokes, who are a good band but I forked out to see their first show and they only played about 35mins.
    Btw, if you stand under the balcony at the ambassador, it's a bad idea, cos even when the sound is good, it just bounces off the ceiling and sounds ****. You have to get close to the front....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by polarbelly
    maybe i stood in the right place or something... i can never get the sound bashing though

I think the sound in the Ambassador works better for some bands more than others... I saw Tricky there and although I'm still not sure wether the gig was good or not, the jams sounded amazing because the bass was so full... DJ Shadow was another gig I saw there that I don't think could've worked anywhere else in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catch urself on

Have to agree with Stez. I thought the coral were amazing. Its good to see a band deviate from 'album versions' and break into a jam like that. There's nothing pretensious about it, its what music is about.
    Dont get me started on the strokes. While they do hold a place in my heart, their predictability infuriates me. Saw them in Leeds 2 years ago - they played the album straight through in the exact order. I may aswell have been sitting in my tent with my discman on.
    Basement are a great honest-to-jaysus band too.

• Advertisement

alright, so maybe i just expected too much. maybe i expected a bit of showmanship, but that's certainly not what they gave us. they're still a class band, but they don't go out of the way to entertain us or anything, it was 'here we are, playing our songs, i don't give a crap how much you forked out to come and see us here, like it or lump it'. and from where i was standing, and i'm not just saying this, there appeared to be about 5 people in the middle of the 'moshpit' (what do you call that part of the crowd at a Coral gig?) jumping up and down, and it was only for Goodbye and Dreaming of You. that's all i'm saying.

Advertisement