Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian bands

Options
  • 30-04-2003 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi,

Tried this one Thumped and had a good response so I'll try here too.

Just wondering, is there any Italian bands you like/listen to?

I'm talking about cool bands, not Bocelli, Pavarotti, Zucchero, Eros Ramazzotti and the likes...

My favourites are:

Marlene Kuntz

Kind of an Italian Sonic Youth, they're deadly

Some live Mp3s here

Subsonica

Live performed Electronica with some Drum&Bass and Dub influcences (main responsible of Morello electronic freakness :))

Mp3s here

Web: www.subsonica.it

99 Posse

One of the biggest Italian independent bands, from hip-hop to electro hard core

Mp3s here

I'd love to hear your thoughts... unfortunately the sites are in Italian only, sorry.

Alessandro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gav Ol Son

I like Marlene Kuntz. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Opera IX are pretty good.

As are Lacuna Coil, and Aborym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Opera IX are pretty good.

As are Lacuna Coil, and Aborym.
    Hi,

Don't really know these bands, what sort of stuff do they play? Any website?

I guess you're more into Metal, you might want to check this band I used to play with (about 10 years ago and they're still going!), they got to be pretty good.

www.powersymphony.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Morello
    Any website?

Yeah, Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Anyone remember Lacuna Coil. I went through a phase ofgrooving to them. There I said it, I'm finally at peace with myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zinz

C.S.I, Marta sui Tubi, GIardini di Mirò, Tre Allegri Ragazzi Morti....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Negazione

Impact

El Declino

Payback

EU's Arse

To Kill

That's about as much as I can think of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There's an absolutely killer band called Larsen from Torino. They are quite possibly one of the the best bands I've heard this century. They play what I suppse you'd call post rock but they're not just another instrumental quietLOUDquiet type band. Here's a review I did and a link to their site (although it appears to be down now). Awesome band, highly recommended by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

John2 wrote:
    There's an absolutely killer band called Larsen from Torino. They are quite possibly one of the the best bands I've heard this century. They play what I suppse you'd call post rock but they're not just another instrumental quietLOUDquiet type band. Here's a review I did and a link to their site (although it appears to be down now). Awesome band, highly recommended by me.

That reminds me of this little mini punk festival I stumbled upon while I was in Italy last year. There was a fantastic post-rock band playing... can't remember their name though. It was held in the Pisa mathematics department.

I'll check out Larsen though. I've been on the lookout for good Italian bands for awhile now.

You won't be disappointed with Larsen. Or on the odd chance that you are, you're just plain weird. Even my girlfriend who can't stand most good music really likes them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

John2 wrote:
    You won't be disappointed with Larsen. Or on the odd chance that you are, you're just plain weird. Even my girlfriend who can't stand most good music really likes them.

Which albums would you recomend?
    where can you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

the modena city ramblers. theyre very good.
    sing mainly about their love for ireland!!!

Which albums would you recomend?
    where can you get them?

Their last two albums Seies and Play are their two best. They're both on Important Records, you can buy them there. Road Records has Seies at the moment too. You can listen and watch them for free here (legally).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

Strength Approach
    Los Fastidios
    Die!
    Payback
    No Relax
    Punx Crew
    Viboras

Advertisement