Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swapping decoders - NTL digital

• 30-04-2003 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So I know thae answer is 'you can't do this' but I have seen cable decoders reviewed in the UK that you can buy which provide RGB video out and optical sound out. If I subscribe to NTL digital and have their basic ox installed can I buy a better one and stick the NTL card in it ?. Or does anybody know if NTL can provide a better STB on request ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Moved to the Cable board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gasman

ntl only provide two types of digital decoders. The cards are 'Paired' with the box at the time of installation and will not work in any other box.

Hope this helps

cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

With cable you are only allowed use equipment supplied by your cable company to access the service. In other words, NTL have to supply your STB. Unfortunately this means you are given a "take it or leave it" choice.

Advertisement