Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr. America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Naaa.

I reckon its King Kong Bundy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

ah bo**ix i was expectin somebody new and good to cum in!!!

stop rehashing has beens wwe!!!!!

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Matters

Its more fun when they bring the old guys back.

I hope, if he's still alive its......Hill Billy Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

yeah - saw the pic but dont know the stotyline - i hope its a swerve but i doubt it - i was really hoping that it would be le resistance (sp?) ah well . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

anyone else think Smackdown is gone really **** at the moment. this whole Mr. America thing is bollocks IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

He signed a contract with stephaie mcmahon statign he cant be fired or suspended....lol....i found it funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Watched it myself on Sky over the weekend, - found the Mr. America storyline hilarious.

Don't like what they're doing with the whole "La Résistance" story though. The anti-French angle that they're taking isn't terribly commendable to say the least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I found the hogan/mr american thing funny.
    The La Resistance thing is good i think. they needed someway for the two to come in. and they are both french canadian i think so its a no brainer really. prolly wont last long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I think the La Reistance angle is very good. As said recently in another thread the tag team diviosn sux these days...the wwe need to add a bit of spice to it and this maybe the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

The funniest thing about this storyline is that only Vince seems to think it's Hogan....having studied the following link , I have to admit that there are one or two similarities...

http://smackdown.wwe.com/mramerica/01.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

lets not kid are selves here it is hogan he goes around saying brother and all that.
    but what is probably going to happen is vince is going to get someone to demask mr america and it won't be hogan but some new loser.
    But at the moment it is Hogan. Just look at him.
    A mask never stopped people from finding out who they are just look at kane no one ever saw his face but managed to find out who he was.

Just another replay of one of the old storylines. Blue Blazer but the WWE don't want to look like they don't care about Owen Hart so they decide on Mr. America.

How many more old storylines can they redo over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

"lets not kid are selves here it is hogan he goes around saying brother and all that."
    It cant be hogan. Last week Hogan was live on satellite from florida when Smackdown was in Canada. Later on in the program Mr. America showed up. Are you telling me Hogan came up from florida to canada in less than an hour. Unless.............................
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how the hell could that not be hulk hogan?

they have pulled that stunt before with Shawn Michaels when he was comissioner he appeared on the titon tron announcing matches saying he was live in texas then he came out later on. Its not rocket science just have him in a room backstage talkin then change and come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That was actually a class episode with HBK. I remember it like twas yesterday. With the 3 security guards in the ring, 2 of which were the stooges, the third, none other than the shostoppa himself!!!

Brilliant

Those were the days when wrestling actually grabbed u by the balls and made u want more... MORE ....MOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Darth Waylander

Lets be honest here,Hogan is almost single-handedly ruining the business,although we cant discount Vince's stupidity either.
    Smackdown is being run down to a joke,and Raw isnt faring much better.

Hogan isn't running the show all that is running the WWE shows are the people he brings back then they become old news and he brings someone else back. When will they start doing storylines again its just match after match with nothing behind it. The only storylines running are mr. america and Goldberg and rock. They are alright but what I want to see is them getting good ones going like Goldberg and Austin feuding.

The only person that has any intelligence in storylines is VINCE RUSSO the best storyline maker.
    We remember him for the most ridiculous screw job in the history of wrestling ever and that was Bret Hart.
    But he is still the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Oh dear Lord, this board is going downhill.

imo-it happened a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by colin300
    The only person that has any intelligence in storylines is VINCE RUSSO the best storyline maker.
    We remember him for the most ridiculous screw job in the history of wrestling ever and that was Bret Hart.
    But he is still the best.

Wow, that's the funniest thing i've ever heard, WWE needs Vince Russo like it needs a hole in the head. The decline in the quality of smackdown is directly related to the demotion of Paul Heyman. Personally i think RAW is improving, despite the addition of the road warriors(how bad was that match?)

so it was russo who screwed bret - news to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

Who do The WWE think they are kidding with this Mr.America superstar? Every wrestling fan knows who he is so what is this all about? Could they not think up of a better one, but as usual when it comes to Hogan being unmasked, it aint gonna be Hogan just like other storylines such as The Blue Blazer episode.
    I think that Vince Russo would be a step up if they got him back for the simple reason he doesnt like all the backstage politics of Hogan etc... plus he cares about the true wrestlers so I am all for the return of Vince Russo!

"he (Russo) cares about the true wrestlers so I am all for the return of Vince Russo!"

- no, he care about putting himself over at the expense of the wrestlers - a wanabe wrestler who lived out his adolesent fantasies at the expense of all of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by steveocn300
    Who do The WWE think they are kidding with this Mr.America superstar? Every wrestling fan knows who he is so what is this all about? Could they not think up of a better one, but as usual when it comes to Hogan being unmasked, it aint gonna be Hogan just like other storylines such as The Blue Blazer episode.

Um the whole point of the angle is that it's supposed to be blatantly obvious that it's hulk hogan, it's supposed to be an entertaining angle, which it is, just as long as they don't drag it out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    Um the whole point of the angle is that it's supposed to be blatantly obvious that it's hulk hogan, it's supposed to be an entertaining angle, which it is, just as long as they don't drag it out too long.

I'm depressed that somebody had to explain that.

It's just a fun little angle that's used to get Hogan back on Smackdown, because he was fired (although with the current writing, I'm suprised he just didn't come back anyway like nothing happened.) The problem at the minute is that instead of the angle being an entertaining little aside, it's turning into the main aspect of the show. I honestly don't think Piper-v-Hogan can still be a *major* draw.

Somebody made a good comment about Heyman quality of writing, which I agree with, but I feel with all the injuries currently that he'd struggle. But I imagine we'd get more Spannky/Cena/Eddy/Benoit/Rhyno, and less Albert/Big Show/Hogan.

Also, Russo sucks as a writer, about a month ago he was putting his kids over on NWA:TNA.

P.S. Bret screwed Bret

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

hulk hasbeen may be a slight anker around smackdowns neck but the reason its doing badly is because nobodys writing we need either rooso or heyman prefarably heyman on smackdown and stonecold and rooso on raw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hogan can't cut it anymore I wish he'd retire and let some young talent have a chance instead of trying to relive his glory days from the 80's hes washed up.

Advertisement