Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have some advice please...

Options
  • 30-04-2003 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am in Sixth Year and of course I have the LC in June. At this time I have no desire to go to College in September.I want to work for a year and then next year apply for something that interests me then.I'm into Audio/Visual stuff.I will get as many points as I can in June and see how it goes.I did'nt apply for the CAO.Does this sound weird or is it acceptable??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It's not weird. But you might feel like kicking yourself when fees are introduced next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

I have thought about that.If I work my ass off I could go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

why not go then work your ass off! You know it makes sense...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Prundic
    I am in Sixth Year and of course I have the LC in June. At this time I have no desire to go to College in September.I want to work for a year and then next year apply for something that interests me then.I'm into Audio/Visual stuff.I will get as many points as I can in June and see how it goes.I did'nt apply for the CAO.Does this sound weird or is it acceptable??

There's nothing strange about it at all. Just make sure you're not interested in college, and it's not Euro signs you're seeing.

Have a rough plan of what you want to do. This time next year it'll be all too easy when you have a regular income and complete freedom to say "Ah, feck college, I'll do grand working without it." I know myself, so I'm not taking any internships out from college, and not doing any full-time work till I leave, cos I know when I have the cash in my pocket, I'll go for the easy option to make more. So if you think you'll fall into that trap, just have another look at your options.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ChiGung

It's ok to take a year out but make sure you do yourself a few goals. Otherwise you may well waste a year.

If you are into Audio Visual stuff - do a good investigation into what kind of courses are out there, what ones suit you, what you should be doing to make sure you will get in next year.

Then what kind of work you would get in it.

As long as you have some sort of goal - you'll be alright.
    A goal could even be this time next year I will be sure about what I want to get into.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Apparently there's a good course in Ballyfermit for A/V related stuff, can't provide link unfortunately :(, just know a couple of people who plan to go there in the coming year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. :)

Advertisement