Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stop dogs getting fat

Options
  • 30-04-2003 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

i have an 8month old collie. although only gets fed twice a day and is walked three times and hardly ever indoors, we're afraid she won't lose her 'puppy' fat, any ideas??????????????/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Play games such as 'fetch' with the dog. This can really make them run and doesn't require you to do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Unless you have a dog like mine.. loves chasing after the ball.. will not bring it back to you though.. then i get exercise too... though it helps having another ball ready to throw for her...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

8 months old? that's still very young.

you know they say dgs age 7 years for each one of ours? well i think they actually age something like 15 years in the first year, 9 after that and then 3 every years after that or somehting like that. she's still only young and it'll eventually come off, i'd give her till she's a t least a year old! unless she's really heavy.

Advertisement