Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat + Eircom DSL reduced install prices

Options
  • 30-04-2003 10:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just heard from someone who talked to EsatBT that they have changed their prices:

€90 self install, no modem
    €140 self install, with modem
    €190 engineer install with modem

Plus Eircom don't seem to be charing for the USB modem anymore.

The sites haven't been updated yet and I haven't confirmed myself yet, but if it is true, then isn't competition great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

we already knew about esats drop, no way they could ask for 190 install when eircom and netsource offer self install options, this was posted in a thread awhile back

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Although they couldn't ask for 190 euro for install , they did . and until I can see it somewhere official thats all I have to go on .

But this is what i'm waiting for.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by shinzon
    we already knew about esats drop, no way they could ask for 190 install when eircom and netsource offer self install options, this was posted in a thread awhile back

SHIN

Well the other post didn't mention prices and not the €140 offer.

BTW I have no reason to think that this is not true, I trust the person who told me 100%, it is the EsatBT person who told him that I don't particularly trust, having experienced the porkies Esat and Eircom biddies tell, personally I like to see confirmation on a companies website before I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Sounds excellent News. But like most people, until its on the web site or on paper in front of me with esat bt on the top...i aint going by it simply because i cant...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maybe both companies will now get rid of the cap's on both of there packages?

And maybe pigs will fly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement