Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think Netsource have switched me on

Options
  • 30-04-2003 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I signed up for Netsource about two weeks ago and was told it would take 11 days to be connected and about a week for the installation pack to arrive. I went ahead and bought a Netgear dg814 router and set it up a few days ago with the british splitter that came free with it. I've had it on for using the router but the light that indicates connection to dsl was always off, until tonight when it turned on for a few mins then turned off for a while and now it's on permanently(i think). Thing is I havent recieved any installation pack or password and settings so i cant set up the connection. Tbh I'm a bit confussed but i just thought everyone might like to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

I hope you're right. Another poster said that it will be ten days after tomorrow before the first person is switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

well i'll be getting in contact with netsource tomorrow so i will reveal all then

Rang them today. Apparently I "am" connected but i have to wait till my pack comes with all my details (prob tomorrow). Was also told the service is just being turned on now and i will be one of the very first in dublin to get it. Things are looking good for tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

i live in the bog and won't ever get dsl!!!Damn you all to hell!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Prophet..

the led means you are indeed connected from the exchange to the adsl modem(that comes inside ur router)..

i got adsl modem here , 2 leds on it..

adsl led means connection between exchange and modem..

usb led means connection between pc and and modem..

its handy to have..

great for trying to troubleshoot problems..

if adsl led is on..
    means problem is between a client pc and usb port on modem!

• Advertisement

I'm connected, hence the light on the modem/router, but i cant log on until i get all the settings and the password 'n stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Yeah I got a call from Louise today, I'm supposedly activated, should take delivery of the self-install kit 2mw. Strange one...they're gonna send out an engineer for free to check out how easy the manual was to follow; most odd! Anyone else get this offer? I reckon there'll be trouble with my installation as I've an old line but a new phonewatch installation.

I didn't get the engineer offer but i'm already set up and they said they'd ring and help me through all the settings for the modem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by The_Prophet
    I didn't get the engineer offer but i'm already set up and they said they'd ring and help me through all the settings for the modem

will you share them settings with me ;) I'll need them to soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

I ordered on the 22nd and hence should be set up on the 7th, but I heard about some delays in the service, but it has since confirmed that activation date is the 7th..

After how many working days did you
    get your self install kit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

We've had DSL in work since December.

Assuming it's the same for yourselves, the settings are:

VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    DSL Protocol: PPoE (LLC Multi)

I think you also need a username and password, but you could give it a whirl without.
    The engineer didn't seem to worried about them when he was installing.

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

Can someone just confirm the Netsource pricing for me?

Going by their SOHO pack:

Self-install: €99
    USB Modem: €144
    Monthly price: €54

Is this the lot, or is DNR compulsory at €12 p/m

All prices including VAT

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

============================
    I ordered on the 22nd and hence should be set up on the 7th, but I heard about some delays in the service, but it has since confirmed that activation date is the 7th..

After how many working days did you
    get your self install kit?

===============================

I ordered the Soho service the 23rd and I have not received any information/comfirmation yet well I really hope that I will be connected b4 the week end ....:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

of god i want bb now COME ON ESAT JESUS 2 -3 weeks i cant wait lol

just pinged this board ....... 465ms :confused: damn 56k

Originally posted by leonlafrite
    I ordered the Soho service the 23rd and I have not received any information/comfirmation yet

me 2,

lets see who gets connected first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

========================================
    me 2,

lets see who gets connected first
    ========================================
    I would expect Thursday latest... Got the modem and all the gear.
    Did you pay/debited anything yet ? Also did you receive the filters and login details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Don't get yer hopes up lads! I ordered on April 18th and was told that it would be 10 working days (May 16th) from last Thursday (May 1st) before my line would go live.

I still scurry home from work everyday to check if that damn blinkin' router led is on though! :p

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I ordered on April 17th and havent heard anything.
    No modem or anything.

Hopefully this week and I'm ringing 2moro to make sure.

Rang on the 25th and they said my order had gone thru and all was well but since then no contact whatsoever and I'm getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Same here....ordered on the 17th. Have heard very little since. Got a response to one of my mails saying that the order has gone through tho'. Should be turned on by the end of next week.

Originally posted by leonlafrite

I would expect Thursday latest... Got the modem and all the gear.
    Did you pay/debited anything yet ? Also did you receive the filters and login details ?

I'm hoping to be activated on Friday latest (11 working day), but to be honest I don't think it will happen as the lads above are saying, there's delays. I'm paying by direct debit but I have not got anything as yet from them in the post (self install), nor username + password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Ordered on the 22nd, filled out forms 23rd. Haven't heard anything since. Fired off an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lmck

Hi all

Louise from Netsource here, welcome packs were mailed last week and will continue to be mailed this week. Basically there are some orders incurring about 2-3 days delay due to the fact that there was some port scheduling problems with Eircom, which has since been rectified.

We have offered an engineer in some cases as I want to 100% sure that the install manual meets requirements.

Regarding contact after initial order, I have taken on board comments here and from today onwards an e-mail will be sent to each person with a provisional 'live' date which will be confirmed 2-3 days prior to service going live.

Hope this clears up some issues raised.

Kind regards
    Louise McKeown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thats great. Thanks for clearing everything up Louise. As you can imagine noone likes to be left in the dark so the more contact you can have with customers the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Aye,

I've heard nothing back and I ordered on the 24th, I was hoping to be live by the coming friday but I won't hold my breath and TBH im in no rush anyways :-)

Still have UTV, I'll cancel once it all goes through nicely.

Paul

[edit]
    ack with the bank holiday and all it surely be next week :)
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by lmck

Regarding contact after initial order, I have taken on board comments here and from today onwards an e-mail will be sent to each person with a provisional 'live' date which will be confirmed 2-3 days prior to service going live.

My order was processed on the 18th of April (which seems like last year at this stage) and I have yet to receive any install pack nor login details.Checking my email reveals no provisional live date either... *check* .... nope , still not there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

I ordered on the 15th and still nothing yet. I guess they have a list of people to work through.

Originally posted by lmck
    Hi all

Louise from Netsource here, welcome packs were mailed last week and will continue to be mailed this week. Basically there are some orders incurring about 2-3 days delay due to the fact that there was some port scheduling problems with Eircom, which has since been rectified.
    <snip>

Why do you think I wanted to get it from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I rang today and was told my line was enabled and that my pack was mailed this morning so am just awaiting arrival of that and will hopefully have it sorted by Friday at the latest*.

*Fingers crossed

Originally posted by djste18
    I rang today and was told my line was enabled

when did you order/fax in your details?

• Advertisement

Checked my line last night, and it too trains up!

vpi vci 8.35 starts doing pppoe negotiation, but with no username and password, can't go much further.

Funny that - eircom do their part of the job promptly, while Netsource seem to be having trouble posting the splitter and connection details. Ah sure, it's probably An Post. hmmm.

Advertisement