Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish music

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jeff

I must reply to the School-ground idiocy that was posted about the band "Pugwash" in regards to an incident(?) that allegedly happenned with some support band!! I worked with this band on every gig they ever played and not alone where they always "KILLER" live they "ALWAYS" went out of their way to get young up and coming support bands and always had the ut-most time and respect for them. I can not recall any such incident where the band refused a support band help. Dregin-x should post up the GIG - The Support bands name - and venue so this kind of ****ty back-stabing hearsay can be shown up for the BOLLOX that it is!!!!! PUGWASH have stopped playing live for the forsee-able future as major interest in the band from "Australia" and "America" means that their obvious talent is respected and appreciated away from this sad anal-retentive so-called music scene we have in this country!!!!! Jeff.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Veto Caul - DCU Event - Da2 - Last December.

lambar

p.s. suck my balls.please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Jeees Jeff. Dont let that aasshole get to you.

There are so many twisted minds on these boards.

Soooo many

I used to be so obsessed with assholes that I went out of my hacking mind to find out who they were.

I was quite suprised to find out. I knew most of them. Did'nt let them know though. In some cases, I think they were guilty of alter-ego frustration.

It's pointless getting worked up about what anyone has to say here.

wtf? I don't like the band or their attitude. Maybe I caught them on a bad day or something, but surely that is no reason to get all personal about it.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

FINALLY

the board begins to get interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Clearly not interesting enough for you to reply to a post that was aimed directly at you though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

As Ragga will testify hehee, on many an occassion I used to get extremely frustrated and personal with people who posted on boards with loose remarks and scathing comments. I've found out the best thing to do is deal with criticism or whatever in a manner that allows you to assess the validity of the criticism and respond factually , you'll find it fairly gratifying and people respond better.

I think most people behind it all hide their frustration by being negative( I think thats what one of the previous posters was relating to?), basically cause its easier and it doesnt leave them open to direct criticism and secretly they are hoping that some messiah type figure will save their idea of music(That wont happen do it yourself to quote Ragga, and there's no shame asking for help).
    Its a hard thing putting yourself out there and getting knives in the back but generally the people that matter tend to ignore the pettiness.......just a personal observation, be passionate but keep it in perspective cause muppets will sap your energy and enthusiasm. Personally I do what I can and no more , Ive stopped questioning the poeple who are so negative all the time and try and offer something a bit positive in some way or other if they dont respond leave it at that.

Its such a small town, and there are only so many bridges that you can burn before you find yourself on a very small island.....its weird now because in my personal experience so many people burned gigsmart at the start a couple of years ago and have later had to rely on us for one thing or another and believe me things change so quickly around the scene that anyone who gets a reputation as being a negative moany mouth piece never loses it and the rest of us who try to make a difference for the better get on with it!

Gigsmart will be moving towards a label and distribution situation in the not so distant future with the support of a new studio in the city centre that will obviously be of benefit to gigsmart bands(rehearsal first then recording with Creamy Sonic all going well) We have learned a lot from the work going into this disc we're releasing ......and one of the most valuable lessons???Who's actually interested and who's not. Its been fun already to see people do complete u turns on our little org....we've done our own little bit of research just like back to front and its been interesting!! All Im saying is that its easy to get all pissed at the negativity but when something starts to happen and it looks good people jump on the wagon.....and lets face it this city is choked full of people hitching a ride.

I'll stop preaching , just wanted to say that despite the ass holes.....in the background there are people who do actucally engage in other things than posting on web boards, deal with them and leave the muppets in the muppet show.

All the best
    Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by back to front
    Jeees Jeff. Dont let that aasshole get to you.

There are so many twisted minds on these boards.

Soooo many

I used to be so obsessed with assholes that I went out of my hacking mind to find out who they were.

I was quite suprised to find out. I knew most of them. Did'nt let them know though. In some cases, I think they were guilty of alter-ego frustration.

It's pointless getting worked up about what anyone has to say here.

hmmmmmmm

This is a good one!! It was "NOT" a "PUGWASH" gig!!!!! Mick Lennox had asked Thomas Walsh and his mates from "Saville" to do a covers gig for some spotty pissed up hoity-toity mummys boys from DCU. Obviously Dregin-x was there and had too many shandy's!! There was actually more members of "Saville" in the band than "Pugwash"!! I also remember quite vividly (because I had to try and fix it) that the drummer with this awful band (Who I think were given their first gig by Mick) bust the under-side snare skin and just left it like that. The band didn't make a deal of it because everyone remembers their first gig but then you flick around a forum like this for a quick read and you see these flippant - childish remarks!! Typical Irish student types.....The scourge of our society!! Jeff.....

All Apologies. I only got the arse end of that scéal.They were down as pugwash.Anyway. I was wrong.

submission's a bitch:rolleyes:

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Buy that man a bass!!:D

Ahhhhhhhhh That's BASS!!!!! Apologies well and truly excepted Dregin-x. So know the real question....."The Picturehouse - What a right pack 'a ****S THEY ARE!!!!! Discuss? - Jeff. By the way that ****S word is C-U-N-T-S!!

Advertisement