Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental Impact on HRM

Options
  • 01-05-2003 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

So what is the environmental impact on hrm referring to the internal and external environment?

Would that be like...Internal HRM would involve recruiting from within the company?

And HRM within the internal environment keep morale high, well focussed staff?

that sort of stuff?

Any ideas/bullet points greatly appreciated...

Thanks...
    :ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds like a fuzzy question.

HRM = Human Resouces Management ?
    Environment = Work Environment ?

Obviously people prefer to advance within the organisations they are in. Internal promotion gives people the beleif that if they better themselves, that they will be rewarded.

However, not all skills are available intenally and external recruitment is needed at most levels to bring in new functions, new skills, new ideas and to make up for the natural delay in training people to the next level.

External recruitment only can breed some resentment among staff who feel they should have been promoted. Internal recruitment only can breed a sense of complacency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Thanks a lot man. I found it a fuzzy question which is why i asked. Well you answered it the way i thought made most sense so im glad you see it that way.

Thanks a lot,
    :ninja:

Advertisement