Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with New FTV card.

• 01-05-2003 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Guys,
    Can someone help?
    I just received a new FTV card (Blue one) for my second Hand Digibox. When I insert it I get a message "Please insert old card and retry in 5 mins". But I do not have and old card and taking out the new one and replacing it 5 minutes later does not work, after several attempts.

My UK friend rang the FTV number and tried to get it activated but the computer answer machine just took the card number and her telephone number and said please wait 5 hours.

My digibox may be a little old, it is a Grundig, Model 2.41, ver 4E0301 with the operating system 1.2S4Bq and the EPG is 3.1a.5.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem before?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

that error msg is normal for the last fortnight or so,
    do not worry,
    once card is activated it will dissapear,

before the channels come onto epg, they will be available under add channels for a few hours before u can see them in listings,

so if u go to add channels and enter 10906v 22.0 5/6 add UTV, when utv shows a picture,u will know that epg listings are on their way.

anyways u will need UTV added to other channels for ur grannie to watch Gerry Kelly friday nights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

so relax and be patient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

Thanks Guys,
    You are right, my stations came through yesterday while I was at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

On a slightly different tack, is it now accepted that the old FTV/ex Sky Sub cards will be eventually cut off later this year.

Anyone got the definitive answer on this ???

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

:D

Has anyone ever had any definitive answer on anything to do with Sky?

I have only read rumours and supposition.

Allegedly they hope to have replaced all old SUBSCRIBER cards by summer and disable them.

Anyones guess what that means to an EX-Subscriber card.

It *could* (guessing) mean that after the summer you can't have a subscription reactivated without a new card (like ex-subs at the mo just phone and *Bing* it's on again Sky1 etc) getting sent. But it *might* not affect use of ex-sub cards as FTV cards. The two usages are different. Obvioulsly if they send a "kill" signal to old sub cards they won't work as FTV cards. Which seemingly they do for cards they have actually sent a replacement.

But I never heard of a replacement sent for an ex-sub card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

My Ftv card was disable within 6 hours after I rang for a replacement 2v FTV card. I had said the old one had been damaged.Still waiting for the new one.

Advertisement