Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brennan delivers ultimatum to Insurance companies

Options
  • 01-05-2003 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Seamas Brennan has said that the insurance companies MUST offer a reduction of 15% to drivers with clean licences, and they have 4 weeks to do it.

If they don't then they won't be given access to the penalty point database.

Finally some savings are coming our way!

You'll need an ireland.com login to view this, alternatively buy the paper :)
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/2003/0501/1342766962HM1INSURANCE.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Bigalow

I heard that the insurance companies have once again put up the premiums by 40%
    Is this true??? And if so I cant be leave it I thought that if anything they where going to drop the price after the point system came out ??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From: http://breaking.examiner.ie/text/story.asp?j=68726982&p=687z7688&n=68727742&x=
    Transport Minister Seamus Brennan has reportedly demanded a 15% reduction in insurance premiums for motorists with no penalty points.

According to reports this morning, the minister has given insurance companies four weeks to guarantee the reduction.

Mr Brennan said these companies have saved millions of euro because of the reduction in road accidents since the introduction of the penalty points scheme last year, but has not passed on these savings to their customers.
    - Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

arghhhh, if only I wasn't tied to my current policy.....

Damm these repayments, damm them all to hell.

John

/me thinks to self, it'll never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

4 weeks ??? doubt it will happen - logistically, i'm sure the programming time to add in info on each drivers points record would need alot more than 4 weeks to setup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ah, but this is Famous Seamus.

I've been awaiting for another of his policy statements. He hasnt made one recently. So here we are.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It wont happen at least not with the blessing of the Irish Insurance Federation or the motoring equivilent, however maybe just maybe a samrt insurnace company might decide to co-operate and get a tonne of postive PR.

When I phoned my insurance company about covering a bigger car in passing they mentioned all premiums would proberly be going up, a little, again this year...I pointed out the penatly points effect blah, blah to no good effect.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Bigalow

what's going to happen is if the government turn around and stick to there guns and in a month and say drop by 15% or else. the insurance company will probably coheir to it but you can granite with in a few months after the insurance companies will have some resign why they have to put up there premiums once again we will never win.

Advertisement