Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help needed with air induction kit

Options
  • 01-05-2003 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I was just wondering dose anyone know what kind of air induction kit would fit a 93 Honda civic DX ??
    I have tried a lot of places and no one is sure what I can get for it. I know it will make little or no difference to the way the car drives but I just love the sound you get from the induction kit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

Don't waste you money, DX are only 1.3, induction kits with civic's are really popular cause of the V-Tec which is a sort of air compression system but on the 1.3 maggots there is no V-Tech so there would be no differance in sound really.

I had a VTi for about a month til the law took it off me, had a K&N induction kit but dont know what size it was really but try measuring the diameter ot your pipe and then rdering one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Bigalow

I had one on the car about a month ago with the bonnet off the car and the noise was beautiful from it but it was the wrong one for the car because there was no way I would have gotten the bonnet back onto the car with the induction kit in. I got a lot of strange looks with the bonnet off though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

So you got attention then? well thats what its all about, is there not a big space on the left hade side of the engine opposite of the battery thats where mine was, i dont know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Whatyou need to do is make up your own custom kit.Find a place in America to buy the cone.Even with shipping it still works out cheaper.Try www.lsr10.com
    Lonestar racing they know their sh it. Also Try
    www.ebaymotors.com
    You won`t find parts anywhere cheaper

Dam right its all about being noticed and having a cool looking car :cool:

• Advertisement

I am thinking of making my own induction kit now you can buy the KnN filters anywhere I just need to get so sort of flexi pipe so I can fit it to the car and filter. but I really wanted to get a stainless steel pipe for more of an echo so the sound is more intense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

here you go - custom induction kit

http://www.jspeed.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1899

also you could buy a universal induction kit by Ractive, from proparts.net located on the malahide road i think

Induction kits are not just for VTECs.....

Thanks for that web page its exactly the way I am going to be doing over the week end have printed off the pic an all just so I get it right

no problem - i'll be buying an AEM induction kit in the coming months for my Integra - purely for the roar, but also prooven gains of 7BHP , probably only 2-3 whp

Sweet if i could afford the insurance i would have an integra lovely looking car and so so much can be done to them too

• Advertisement

not much left to do on mine, I have the kit and the wheels. I'm now focusing on performance. I would love a big brake conversion from AEM - but I'll probably never afford it ! so i'll go with Brembo copies or something like that.

teg1.jpg

Sweet your right not much left to be done on her. I will post a picture of my civic up tomorrow I am putting the viper stripes on her tonight. I was thinking of up-grading the brakes on mine but not much point on a DX I will just concentrate on the rest of the body kit for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

DIVINE wrote
    V-Tec which is a sort of air compression system

Ha ha ha,

VTEC is an acronym for Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control.

Advertisement