Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA problem

Options
  • 01-05-2003 9:54am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

ok all u potential agony uncles. i was trying to run a listen server at lunch yesterday in the new Rocket Arena. I have the newest point release, the new RA, the newest OSP altho i dont see what that has to do with it . evrytimei try start a multiplayer game it just goes back to main menu after failing to load a heap of stuff.

heres the gamelog

0:00 InitGame: \sv_floodProtect\0\sv_maxPing\0\sv_minPing\0\sv_maxRate\0\sv_maxclients\8\sv_hostname\Dardoz\sv_privateClients\0\g_gametype\1\timelimit\15\fraglimit\0\g_maxGameClients\0\capturelimit\0\version\Q3 1.32 win-x86 Dec 11 2001\dmflags\0\g_blueTeam\Pagans\g_redTeam\Stroggs\sv_punkbuster\0\protocol\68\mapname\Q3DM1\sv_allowDownload\0\gamename\baseq3\g_needpass\0
    0:00 Warmup:
    0:00 ClientConnect: 0
    0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 0 n\Dardoz\t\0\model\hunter/harpy\hmodel\hunter/harpy\g_redteam\\g_blueteam\\c1\1\c2\5\hc\100\w\0\l\0\tt\0\tl\0
    0:00 ShutdownGame:
    0:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

aye, I've had the very same problem with all versions of RA and point releases. I've only been able to play it online. No bots or listen server.

Did you try setting up a dedicated and then connecting to it? You probably can't get any bots up.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

ra316sv.zip

Do you have the server files?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

ok i solved, was as simple as just installing the server version aswell. Dont think u can play vs bots tho which sux

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

You can use bots on ra3 maps using cpma.
    u have to download the aas files first afaik.

there is some info here in section 3 thats gives details. as far as i can remember the bots are even worse than normal tho.

Advertisement