Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Supporters Pack Question

Options
  • 01-05-2003 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Currently the price for the supporters pack is €5/month or €50/year. Just say that I pay for one month (because i'm cheap), and I change my tag line or do something else. After the month is up wil it revert back to its defualt setting? Prob a stupid question but I had to ask :)
    Also, the custom avatar thingy. Before an avatar is uploaded does it need to be checked by an Admin first to make sure its not too obscene or has something in it that goes against the boards.ie policy.

edit:

Could some one maybe move this to the Feedback/Suggestions board? If anyone else has any questions about the supporters pack it could be added to this thread. Could save people starting more threads in the Admin board....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Avatars are moderated. I'm not sure about the subscription expiry question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

what about the boards.ie email address... would there be an expiry date on it too??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

avatars are pre-moderated by admins (we've written a really fast interface for that so its not a lot of work for us now...)

You're tagline would revert as you revert to a different user group.

You're email address would probably still exist but access wouldnt be allowed to it. (I have to ask Regi about that one).

I reckon we'll do whatever is the least work for us and the least nasty to the community... like we're not going to cut you off if you are a week late with a payment or something. Probably. We might send the boys around.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by DeVore
    You're email address would probably still exist but access wouldnt be allowed to it. (I have to ask Regi about that one).
    I'm guessing the email addresses will be in the format of your_boards_name@boards.ie ?
    Is there any chance of getting a second email address built in to the supporters pack also (I'm greedy :) ), I was thinking an email address with your proper name. For example. If i was sending an email to a company with my CV it would look better coming from my_name@boards.ie other than Rabies@boards.ie

One more question, what will the storage capacity of the email account be or is that decided yet ?

Thanks

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think the storage capacity is 2Mb, could be 5mb but I'm not sure.

You'll have the choice of email account name so long as its not conflicting with another member and its available. ie: no you cant have B4rd@bo4rds.ie :)
    You could have JohnDoe@bo4rds.ie if you liked...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah Lucutus owns bard@boreds.ie doesnt he?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

If you pay 5 euro and change ur tagline/avatar when the month is up are both of them changed back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Repli
    If you pay 5 euro and change ur tagline/avatar when the month is up are both of them changed back?

cheap bastard :)

I dunno, I think its probably the tagline that would change back and the avatar would stay the same. Dunno, though, I'll ask Regi the technical details in the morning. I expect that they last for as long as you are a supporter but I'd take direction from the community about that...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

if ur not paying by credit card or direct debt it there a name for postal oders or better yet an account number with sort code if you want to do the 24hr banking thingy

• Advertisement

Thats the idea alright Thaed, we'll be publishing the account details for the mods to test in the next 24 hours.

DeV.

Advertisement