Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing the singer with software ..?

Options
  • 01-05-2003 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a piece of software. Something like KaraokeMaker from Replay Technologies would do the trick - except there's no demo version of it available to allow me 'try before I buy'.

Basically what I want to be able to do is to remove vocals from MP3 or WAV files. Now I know this can't really be done 100% perfectly, but KaraokeMaker seems, based on the sample audio files provided on that site, to do this quite well.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I recall a plugin for winamp that made quite a decent job of this before (of course its damn hard to get it exact)... try a search on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Only found 1 plugin for WinAmp 2 on the Classic WinAmp site that claimed to do it. Tried it out on a number of MP3's and it had little or no affect on any of them. :(

... or is it specifically WinAmp 3 you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

was winamp 2 alright.. I'll have a look later to see if I can find it on my old pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's nearly impossible to make instrumentals without having the original midi tracks.
    I have a program called Goldwave that has an option to remove vocals but it says itself that it rarely works and all it really does is distort the mp3 by turning up the noise.
    Not very good.

http://www.goldwave.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

God I remember that program Goldwave it has to be the

****TEST SOUND PROGRAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can get your hands on a copy of fruity loops 3 it has an encoder (i think thats what it's called) like Goldwave but it's SOOOO MUCH BETTER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah it's fairly crap alright.
    The only reason I got it was so I could cut samples out of mp3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does lowering the eq of 1-3 khz work much enough?

Advertisement