Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those peeps running Conventions

Options
  • 01-05-2003 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Seems the whole Gen Con Europe idea is going down the toilet but they still want to have Gen Con events in European conventions: (taken from ENworld)

Greetings, my gaming friends in The Netherlands,

I wanted to give you an update regarding Gen Con Europe.

We are having serious reservations about the strategy we've developed over the last few months regarding Gen Con Europe.

Essentially, we're concerned that due to language and cultural barriers, a large pan-European Gen Con event might be very difficult to realize. We also feel that the complexity of this task is compounded by the fact that we're an American company based in the United States. Furthermore, our team has several new employees, or employees in new positions, and we need to adopt a less ambitious strategy until we gain more experience and refine our systems.

Therefore, we have decided not to run a Gen Con Europe convention in 2004 or 2005.

But we do not want to see the Gen Con brand die in Europe. Therefore we are making the Gen Con brand available for licensing, most likely on a national level. Or, if someone thinks they could implement our original strategy and could develop a credible plan for doing so, we'd consider an exclusive license for all of Europe.

I appreciate the interest all of you have shown for Gen Con and your willingness to comment. While this email doesn't have great news, I thought you'd appreciate the update.

Keep on gaming!

Peter Adkison
    Owner/CEO, Gen Con LLC
    "The best four days in gaming!"
    www.gencon.com

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gaelcon would be the obvious choice in Ireland. They do it better then Stalag TSR anyway :)

DeV.

Advertisement