Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 collie pups all need homes

Options
  • 01-05-2003 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

A local farmer down the road from us has a male and female collie pair. She had pups (6 I think) a couple of days ago.
    Normally they would meet a terrible fate on day one of their lives but this year the farmer has decided not to because apparently
    last year all his cattle got BSC the day after he "got rid" of the them, so he's not tempting fate again this year.

Anyone interested please give me a shout. I have already booked the runt of the litter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Terra,

It may be a good idea for this farmer to have his dog(s) fixed. If he's going to let them have a litter every year and put them down, I'd personally consider that cruel.

For anyone that might be interested, roughly what part of the country are ye in?

Mmm collies are adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

What kind of collies are they, I'd be interested in getting one if they're PennyFeathers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

The are from Tinahely Co Wicklow
    Mom and dad are both working Sheepdogs (boarder Collie)
    They should be ready in about 4-6 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Discussion on farmers getting rid of pups instead of fixing their dogs moved here - for those that feel inclined to discuss it further:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96043

Terra - Have you had any luck finding homes for these pups?

Advertisement