Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nancy Spains in Cork

• 01-05-2003 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Has anyone ever been to a gig in Nancy Spains in Cork?

Supposed to be playing down there at the end of May and I have no idea what the venue is like.

If anyone can give a description or comparision it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yeah, Nancy Spains.....kind of dark, dingy, smokey but like alot of pubs like that theres a good atmosphere. Bar down the front leads up to the dancefloor/ concert venue up the steps at the back, decent enough place for a gig I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Thanks Comet. Mucho Grassy Ass!!

We (Republic of Loose) are playing down there on 23rd May (I think).

Its a support slot.

The headline is Reverend Larry Love from Alabama 3. He is doing a DJ/Acoustic Set.

Should be worth checking out if you're down that way.

We've done a few gigs with both the full Alabama 3 band and some DJ/Acoustic Sets and they're always pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

one of the best nights of my gig going life was at Nancy Spains

AB/CD, cork ac/dc tribute band (i think from cork neway) played to an extatic crowd. Its small but produceda great atmosphere

Advertisement