Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC2 on Eire cards - Question

• 01-05-2003 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I know that Eire sub cards get BBC1 and BBC2 (northern ireland) - but can you view BBC2 Scotland/England/Wales in the 'other channels' menu - or do you get the 08 unavailable message?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by ozsat
    I know that Eire sub cards get BBC1 and BBC2 (northern ireland) - but can you view BBC2 Scotland/England/Wales in the 'other channels' menu

No - we get the "08" as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

however you only need to wait a month now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

WE HOPE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I think what is going to happen will be on may 31 at 12midnight BBC and sky will strike a deal and stay on conditional access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I think what is going to happen will be on may 31 at 12midnight BBC and sky will strike a deal and stay on conditional access.
    I think the whole BBC move has been pushed back a Month to sort out the EPG issues.

• Advertisement

What is your source on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

i heard it aswell cause the bbc have asked the regulator to look in to it and the regulator has asked sky to keep them on conditional access till they reach a decision. I saw it on some site not sure what one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by carrolls
    I think the whole BBC move has been pushed back a Month to sort out the EPG issues.
    The only reference I have seen to this was in a posting from "zak" in another thread.

He was asked for his source and we are awaiting his reply!

Originally posted by colin300
    i heard it aswell cause the bbc have asked the regulator to look in to it and the regulator has asked sky to keep them on conditional access till they reach a decision. I saw it on some site not sure what one though.
    I see:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I know, the Guardian (whatever)(world's worst newspaper)
    said it.

But they don't know what they are on about so I wouldn't believe it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by johnnyq

and counting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Give us all a break johnny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I know, the Guardian (whatever)(world's worst newspaper)
    said it.
    Always interesting to come across someone who's never seen the Telegraph, Mail, Mirror, Express, Star or Sun. Or the Evening Standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

....or The Evening Herald, News of the World, Sunday World, Irish Independent, Sunday People, Irish Examiner, Dublin Daily, Sunday Tribune .......

Although the Media Guardian (an online section of the Guardian) may not always be 100% correct and may have a slight anti-Murdoch bias, it is without a doubt the best source for media information available.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Always interesting to come across someone who's never seen the Telegraph, Mail, Mirror, Express, Star or Sun. Or the Evening Standard.

they are all terrible :D:D

Originally posted by pbirney
    Give us all a break johnny :rolleyes:

Once I get to 100 posts it will be all over and done with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

come on now lads. who relies on newspapers for some news. they are all ****e but the sunday times is value for money for all those extra bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Right... OT but I'll add....

The Observer. Especially for its Sports Monthly. I do like The Guardian, but sometimes there are inaccuracies.

Originally posted by DMC
    Right... OT but I'll add....

The Observer. Especially for its Sports Monthly. I do like The Guardian, but sometimes there are inaccuracies.

Are there any good papers out there at all:eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps I should start reading La :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how does a thread about BBC2 turn into a thread about newspapers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Well isn't BBC2 a magazine channel? *G*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

It is one of the mysteries of life !:p

I thought you were going to shut up after reaching 100 posts :rolleyes:

Or at least post more constructively...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I totally agree.

I was giving him a chance, some posts were fine, but today's posts like the above and "sorry" on another thread are pointless drivel. Some other have reported him, but my patience has worn thin.

But without the formal mechanisms of PM or e-mail available to contact, this is a public warning to johnnyq.

Buck up, do not post any more inane dung like you have done or me and my fellow mods will take action.

If this is still an issue, you can go into your User Control Panel, and turn on Private Messaging, where the mods and me can contact you off list. If you still have a problem, there is also the Admin board, and the Feedback/Suggestions forum.

Warned. :mad:

Originally posted by DMC

Warned. :mad:

I am sorry but I can be a bit over excited sometimes. I will take more notice on what I am posting and I won't post drival.In fact I will go through the posts I have posted and take out the stupid ones.

I will be more responsible:(

NOTE I just tried it now but I cannot delete ones more than a day old but I will try some others

Advertisement