Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G on the way ...

• 01-05-2003 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

'' Vodafone, Ireland's leading mobile phone operator, today opened Ireland's first third generation network and made the country’s first commercial 3G call. The 3G service, which is initially being opened to a number of key business partners, provides superior data speeds of up to 144kbps, which will enable faster downloads and enhanced voice capacity.

To begin with, Vodafone is making its 3G service available to key customers, representing a wide geographic spread who will use the new technology, and feedback their experiences. As larger volumes of handsets become available, Vodafone intends to make its 3G service available to all customers with a new range of services. These new services will also work satisfactorily in Vodafone’s current 2.5G (GPRS) environment. ''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

hehe I've heard that there are 10 3g handsets in vodafone irl.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well lools like they have decided to publish the same pricing for 3G data as they do for 2.5G!!

http://www.vodafone.ie/dataservices/gprs/prices/index.jsp

Other Charges/GPRS/3G Pricing

"Pay as you use" GPRS/3G
    2c/KB up to 512 KBs and 0.5c/KB for any usage over 512KBs.

GPRS 3/3G (3 Megabyte) No carryover
    €11.99 per month
    €3 Megabyte [0.3c/KB] outside inclusive volume

(suppose the marketing team though it would be a good idea to liberally sprinkle the term 3G all over the website?)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Had the pleassure of using one of eleven handsets that are in the country... I work for Vodafone :o)

Getting one soon for 1 or 2 days as I have presentation on UMTS for collefe, which is the 3G standard Vodafone are using!!!

SOUND!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

dcu ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

no DKIT, Vodafone tech support dept is in Dundalk and I happen to work in that dept.. lucky me.. ahem

• Advertisement
Advertisement