Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom AGHHHHHHHH

Options
  • 01-05-2003 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I ordered radsl like most in here on the 11th April. No sign of splitters or cd. got my modem plugged in for weeks now and nothing happening. I rang then today and was told that they haave no record of me ordering adsl at all. Although they did call me on the 15t of April to tell me my username and password. I'm now waiting for them to contact me for an express install, whatever that is.
    I presume I'll be waiting another month for the express service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

a. A rapid, efficient system for the delivery of goods and mail.

Anyone care to think of Eircom's definition for the word? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

They are a bunch of ****en clowns...

Express Service is just a way of saying "leave us alone to think of something quick" yet 10 yrs later there still thinking...efficiency at its best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Colin_Celbridge

anything to get me off the phone. I was in a real hurry to get to work so I couldn't keep them talking anymore. I'll call back tomorrow though. They are really unbelievable. Its just one lie after another with them.

feckers still haven't got back on to me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

That's my Avatar :mad:

• Advertisement

mine now. we'll have to share

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

comreg directed them on my behalf to ring me which they dutifully did, guess what it was eircom.net that rang me back not eircom.ie, so eircom.net gave me a number to ring, rang it they said theyd ring me back

Still waiting on that call 4 days later

keep on to them its the only way your going to get anywhere

shin

I've just been on the chat thingy on the www.adsl.ie site. They disconnected me after I told them what I was about. There is no talking to them at all. Never seems to be any supervisor or manager ever in any eircom call centre either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Whom, have you tired installing the splitter your self, i installed one or two, its not that hard. Btw you will still never be able to connect unless you configure you modem, where do you think you put that pass word and user name?

AFAIK the client with XP can save the password

• Advertisement

You all seem to be going through a lot of hassle with Eircom. Is it Worth it? They seem to be really stressing people out...

nope its not worth it. I'm gonna cancel if no sorted by tuesday. tuesday cos I'm sure they would never work on a holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

There is always a supervisor on call, i work in a call centre so i know all the tricks of the trade, if you ring in ask to speak to a supervisor or manager immediately, dont let them even talk to you, if they say theres no one there thats BS, persist and you will get someone

Look at all the other threads in here, all you need to do is stay on the line until you get to speak to one of them, if they hang up dial again and go through the same procedure until you get to talk to someone other than a drone.

SHIN

There is always a supervisor on call, i work in a call centre so i know all the tricks of the trade, if you ring in ask to speak to a supervisor or manager immediately, dont let them even talk to you, if they say theres no one there thats BS, persist and you will get someone

jesus far too much hassle. Join me and cancel Eircom. I did it but im going for esat...if i was unlucky enough to live in an area where i cant get anyone except Eircom. Then id wait...but thats the only reason cos they really **** you around if you let them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Colin_Celbridge
    AFAIK the client with XP can save the password

Nope, thats for usb modems, with a router/modem/ethernet you put your pasword and username directly into the modem. Trust me read the booklet, it might save you allot of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

if they say theres no one there thats BS, persist and you will get someone

Yes, you'll get will probally get the drone sitting next the first drone, after a long hold, to make it seem real.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of accountability for what they say on the phone. Their calls probally arn't even recorded, and the ellusive supervisors can't listen back to the lies and waffle.

If Eircom wanted their customer service to be effectant and friendly it would happen. They could train their staff and monitor calls. It is really a management decision to offer only shít customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭CutterIE

Why not complain to eircom's customer care, I guess most of us are still using eircom phone lines and their ADSL offering is just another service, also I spoke to both the supervisor and the manager to complain but a fat lot of good that did, I also ordered on April 11th at 9am but it took them 8 working days just to call me with my username and password. I cancelled my order and signed up with Netsource, if I'm going to have to wait for ADSL I might as well wait for something worth waiting for.

Cheers
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Call complaints not sales, get a name and give an email address for the follow-up. Get them to chase your complaint...it's what they are paid for..ask when you will recieve a reponse and call back if you do not.

DUMP ****EN EIRCOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Why on earth anyone bothers wasting their precious time and energy trying to deal with that *Dying Dinosaur called Eircom, is beyond me.

Change your life for the better. Deal with anyone except Eircom, I guarantee you will feel a lot happier within yourself and just think the lack of your hard earned dosh, will help to send them to the bankruptcy Court!. Hopefully?..

Paddy20:ninja:

• Advertisement

Agreed. They will never go bankrup though...somthing about Irish people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Once I get BB I'll try...but can I get rid of the eircom portion (line rental)?? Dammit ComReg!!!

Once upon a better more civilised time, Eircom belonged to the citizens of Ireland as it was part of the old publc state services sector called * The Post & Telegraphs or P&T if my memory serves me well!.

Now, considering the massive downturn in Eircoms fortunes is beginning to kick in. The Government could mandate to take *Eircoms lines back into public ownership, if it could reasonably be proved that the current situation is against the public & economic interest of all the Irish citizenry, both private and commercial.

IMHO, This case is obvious for all to see. It is time for our elected representatives too live up to their responsibilities, and force immediate Government action against Eircom NOW!.

Before, the silent majority revolt and the current Government is literally thrown out of office!.

Paddy20:ninja:

Here is the response I got from their customer care email thingy.
    Great huh. And I stressed in my mail too them that I spoke on 5 seperate occasions to the people on this line and no reply or answer to my problem. I like the closing remark or " I hope this is of some help"

Dear Colin,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email dated 30th April 2003.

You will need to speak to someone in our I-Stream helpdesk. The freephone
    number is 1800 503 303. They will advise you on the status of your order.

I hope this is of some help.

Kind Regards,
    Marian Lawlor
    Customer Care Mktg.
    eircom

Colin,

You know what you should do with that reply!.
    File it where it belongs. In the BIN.

Paddy20.:eek:

They're just so helpful though huh. Does this woman really work in customer service. I waste 200 words and time emailing her to complain about their customer care line etc etc and all she can say is call the number.

[mod edit: 50cent - you're sailing pretty damn close to the wind, particularly with the last sentence in your post (which I've cut). Please regard this as a pretty clipped warning - sceptre]

(it's the use of "should be bombed" rather than any language issues that caused me to dump the post)

you could have pm'ed me sceptre.

All i said was if eircom care causing such hassle...dump them. Except i cursed once or twice.

*slaps myself very hard

haha oh ye. Oh well...sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Andy,

Since u canceled Eircom, u are loosing money coz eircom is cheaper, and u have to w8 longer to get Esat now, wheres the logic in that?

Advertisement