Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom AGHHHHHHHH

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Since u canceled Eircom, u are loosing money coz eircom is cheaper, and u have to w8 longer to get Esat now, wheres the logic in that?

How am i losing money? First of all, its already acknowledged that Esat are cheaper. I knew that when i ordered Eircom..but like most people, im lazy and wanted it fast.

Secondly, theres a USB modem and splitters waiting for me at home which i didnt pay for, but was sent to me by Eircom the day after i cancelled. They have yet to call to get it.

So as well as saving 5 euro per month with esat, i have a usb modem and splitters waiting for me. I dont mind waiting a week or more for it. I just like you, have exams till the 16'th May anyway.

As of now, im in no ADSL contract with anyone, im still on my no limits connection at a speedy 40kbps.

So how exactly am i losing money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭QBall

A lot of ye here seem to be looking to complain to Eircom. I used to work in a call centre so here are a few pointers which may help you:

1) If you have a technical problem, call technical support.
    They are not there to take complaints/abuse.
    2) If you have a complaint to make, call customer services.
    They will not be able to fix your technical problems.

i.e. Call the correct dept. for the problem you are having.

General advice:

1) Don't shout or hurl abuse at the people you talk to. They are people too. They are not out to get you. They are probably having a much worse day than you are.
    2) There is always a supervisor there. If you want to speak to one, ask. Be nice and remember that odds are they can't help you all that much more than the person who answered the phone can.
    3) If someone you talk to says that they can't do something for you, they mean it. Techs/CSRs don't withhold servies for kicks. Making you happy is the quickest way they can get rid of you.
    4) The nicer you are, the easier things go. The tech/CSR is less stressed and will work quicker.
    5) If it's a technical problem don't act as if you know what you're talking about. This irritates most techs and 99% of the time you're wrong anyway.

And remember, no one who'll answer the phone to a customer will have much authority, particularly on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Ur loosing money becoz its 190 euro to install with Esat, and 100 to loose with eircom, so it will take u 1 1/2 years to make up the difference in ur 'saving 5 euro a month' scheme. In other words becoz of impatience and lack of knowledge u have canceled an order that was on the way, now u have to wait even longer for Esats product to arrive and ur loosing money. Thats my point. Also by the time u draw even with esats 'savings' there will be alot of other cheaper and faster products out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Yelnahs
    Ur loosing money becoz its 190 euro to install with Esat, and 100 to loose with eircom,
    Esat self-install is €90

What a complete load of bull****. Your post is wrong.
    In other words becoz of impatience and lack of knowledge u have canceled an order that was on the way, now u have to wait even longer for Esats product to arrive and ur loosing money.

Ok your good at maths and all but lets work this out in "baby steps".

You ready?

This is the cost it would be for me if i went with Eircom.

100 euro self install.
    54 per month
    40 or 45 euro for my modem

Total: 199 assuming modem is 45 for one month of service and sign on bull****

This is going to be my cost for Esat.
    90 Euro self install
    45 a month
    45 for the modem

Total: 180 for one month of service and sign on

Total for remaining 11 months with Eircom: 594

Total for remaining 11 months with Esat: 495

I shall now quote again:
    In other words becoz of impatience and lack of knowledge u have canceled an order that was on the way, now u have to wait even longer for Esats product to arrive and ur loosing money.

So due to your lack of knowledge, you are wrong...

• Advertisement

oh and a MASSIVE EXTRA 1gb...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

esat changed there prices, my mistake.

No problem man. At least you admitted to it, the same way i would if i made a mistake which is quite frequent...

Advertisement