Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Via /Netsource Who's connected ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Never added the DNS info,
    carsby's right btw, it makes no bearing..

Connection speed is fine now anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

Can anyone tell if I go with Netsource will I be supplied with splitters with the self install package. If so how many?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

You get 1 Microfilter and 2 splitters.

What's the difference between a microfilter and a splitter? Do you need 1 microfilter for every socket if you use the phone from each socket?
    Also, anyone know where you can buy microfilters in Ireland that work with Eircom sockets not UK ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I assume you can order more from Netsource?

With the slf-install package, all you actually need to do is plug in the splitter (for the phone) and microfilter, plug router into the microfilter and setup your network settings/install stuff?

And that saves you E100?

Cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

hang on, I taught the microfilter was another name for a splitter? And you dont need it if you disconnect all your phones from the line and plug the router directly into an eircom wall socket?

For example, I have one line coming into the house, it gets split coming into the house so that we have 2 phones conected to the one line. Now if I disconnect all the phones from their sockets, and plug the router into one of the sockets, it should work?

The microfilter that i was refering to splits the DSL frequency from the voice frequency. My Router didnt pick up that my line was activated until i used the Microfilter.
    The splitters that i was on about are just standard phone splitters that allow two phones/faxes etc to go onto one port.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

ah right, thanks ;)

coommmmmmooooonnnnnnn microfilter :D !!!

Thanks. But where in Ireland can I buy some more microfilters as I will need more than one... I presume most routers come with a UK microfilter?

IT Direct sell them, not sure if its a good price or not tho'.

€12.16

www.itdirect.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement