Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Outside Of Dublin, Cork And Limerick Actually Got Adsl Yet

• 01-05-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

Looking for information, moving back from UK and would like to continue with Broadband. Has anyone got it outside of the big cities and I mean home users and if so

How fast is it?

Was it easy to instal?

What is the make of the modem?

What was the cost and what hapedned when u exceed the monthly limit?

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

ya i have it in sligo..
    same setup everywhere
    go with esat or via
    not eircommunists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks

What or who are VIA, apologies for ignorance.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by GBCULLEN
    thanks

What or who are VIA, apologies for ignorance.

gb--

Via Networks - old name. www.netsource.ie resellers of eircom's RADSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

Thanks but now I get RADSL!!

Wow Ireland sure has all the new buzzwords. What does RADSL mean and is it better than ADSL?

What happened to good old "ALWAYS ON" braodband!!

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

In simple terms:

RADSL = Rate Adaptive DSL - it is a flavour of DSL that will allow connections further away from the exchange than the vanilla flavour of ADSL. It's also always on broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

That if you live in either Tipperary or offaly countys your knackered as we havent even got one exchange enable anywhere !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Donegal hasn't even got letterkenny on the exchange upgrade list until september, do DSL anywhere in Donegal (this year)
    obviously Eircon have decided they can milk one of the most disadvantaged regions by screwing them for ISDN charges.
    time to move your business to derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

or better yet cork city !:p

yey for the mahon exchange i get 48 kbs for 56k so the radsl must be fairly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Stonemason
    That if you live in either Tipperary or offaly countys your knackered as we havent even got one exchange enable anywhere !!!
    Chorus have a cable modem service in Clonmel and Thurles. Esat have also enabled DSL in those towns. Unfortunately, it appears that Esat only offer their > 100 euro services out of these exchanges, way beyond what most people would be prepared to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whats all this 'outside of Cork' crack? I'm in Cork and I don't have DSL yet... damn tardy bastids with their halfassed rollout. I'm not in the sticks either. I could understand if I was somewhere like Kanturk or the arse-end of nowhere. C'monnnnnnn you gits, get your arses in gear and give me dsl :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

arse end of nowhere = kerry :p j/k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Us lowly boggers in Naas, Co. KIldare now have DSL !!

I wasn't expecting it for a long time but im soo happy we have it now !!!

-- Tin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Popa

What about waterford?
    When will we get it?
    Anyone know if its avaible here or when will it come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

its in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Popa

But thats just inside the city, is it?
    I live in the contryside near dungarvan. Do you know if its avaible there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Chorus have a cable modem service in Clonmel and Thurles. Esat have also enabled DSL in those towns. Unfortunately, it appears that Esat only offer their > 100 euro services out of these exchanges, way beyond what most people would be prepared to pay.

Well im not even going to dignify a response to the suggestion I use Chorus lol.

Anyway both Thurles and castletroy(limerick) are approx 30 mins drive either side from where i live but i bet i wont be seeing a DSL producted any time soon.As for Thurles is it in tipp or offaly or somewhere else coz i used the ESAT map and they didnt show thurles in either county ?.

Advertisement