Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video surveillance

• 01-05-2003 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I want to set up a video surveillance system with the option to monitor it over DSL in the future. I have been looking at a box that takes four analog camera inputs, records on a hard drive and has an ethernet port for the DSL connection. It costs E1,800 + VAT. Anyone got any better suggestions? It does what I want but I thought it was a bit expensive. I only need two cameras and will probably never need more than that. I only need to record a day at most on both cameras.
    I am not interested in a PC based solution even though I am sure they are around. Don't want the hassle.
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you want to monitor over DSL, I suspect you are stuck with a PC based thing. The usual alternative is the multiplexer just records to a dumb VCR.

Advertisement