Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping LCD Screens

• 01-05-2003 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Well hello, my question is simple the answer is not so :)

Question: I received a Nokia 6310i that does not power on and when the charger is stuck in it doesn't have the chargeing display either. The price to repair it would be the same as a new phone. I also have a Nokia 6210. What i want to know, is the Blue Backlit LCD screen of the 6310i the same size as the 6210 because i want to swap the 6310i's screen with the 6210's to get a funky blue screen.
    Well, has anyone tried this before, and from what i can see the screens appear to be them same size so will it work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I need to replace the screen on a Nokai 3210, does anyone know any good sites with pics and a tutorial?

Thanx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

The blue backlight has nothing to do with the screen.

It's the LED's in the phone itself.

http://mobile.box.sk has a good tutorial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Well hello, my question is simple the answer is not so :)

Question: I received a Nokia 6310i that does not power on and when the charger is stuck in it doesn't have the chargeing display either. The price to repair it would be the same as a new phone. I also have a Nokia 6210. What i want to know, is the Blue Backlit LCD screen of the 6310i the same size as the 6210 because i want to swap the 6310i's screen with the 6210's to get a funky blue screen.
    Well, has anyone tried this before, and from what i can see the screens appear to be them same size so will it work?

The 6210 and 6310 LCDs are different parts.
    (I assume 6310 and 6310i have the same LCDs)

A replacement LCD is available for apx £25ukp
    however unless it's cracked/damaged it's possibly
    not the problem..
    A more commen problem is the "elastomer"
    (This is what makes contact between the circuit board and the LCD)
    These are constantly failing on 8210s resulting in blank/faded displays.
    A replacement elastomer will probably only cost you a couple of quid.

If u need any more help let me know.

HTH,
    HD.

Originally posted by madmoe
    I need to replace the screen on a Nokai 3210, does anyone know any good sites with pics and a tutorial?

Thanx :)

here's a great one
    http://www.mobilespares.co.uk/shtml/3210dismantle.shtml

If u need any more help let me know..
    Cheers,
    HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah I opened up both phones because noone replied :)

Anyway, the only problem is that the the keypad of the 6310 screen won't match up with the contact points on the 6210 board.

Basically the problem is this, I got the phone free and when I turned it on nothing happened, no lights, nothing. The battery is working grand, so i thought the screen would be the next easiest thing to check. Well now i doubt it is the screen that is broken. However I read that article on LED swapping and I am wondering if perhaps one of the LED's on the 6310 board may not be connected properly.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Yeah I opened up both phones because noone replied :)

Anyway, the only problem is that the the keypad of the 6310 screen won't match up with the contact points on the 6210 board.

Basically the problem is this, I got the phone free and when I turned it on nothing happened, no lights, nothing. The battery is working grand, so i thought the screen would be the next easiest thing to check. Well now i doubt it is the screen that is broken. However I read that article on LED swapping and I am wondering if perhaps one of the LED's on the 6310 board may not be connected properly.

LED swapping is quite tricky..
    You need the right equipment to avoid screwing up.
    If one of the LEDs was not connected properly the phone would still work without it.. (it might knock out a few others too)

If the phone is completely dead, the problem could be either water damage (f**ked), or power problem.
    Have a wee scrap at the battery contacts on both the phone side and the battery side..

There's quite a market for broken phones out there..
    They seem to fetch decent prices on ebay.co.uk..
    I've sold a few and they've reached 60% of the working price !
    I guess guys want spare parts.. etc

HD

Advertisement