Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voyager for the visual impaired

• 02-05-2003 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

I sure someone else has noticed this. However here goes; I happened to go Sky one at 0000 at the start of Voyager big deal you say. On the English Sky one there is a voice over which describes whats happening but on the Irish Sky one there is now voice over. Are the visual impaired of RoI being treated as second class citizens by SKY(though way that should surprise me I've no idea. I think I notice this a while back but only realised that Uk Sky one was that different when I order a new FTV card so now use the feed from the living room for the BBC and CH5.
    Has anyone else notice anyother variation between the UK and Irish Sky channels(apart from ads)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Have you tried changing the setting in the "languages" section to "narrative" while you're watching the Irish Sky One ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Once you do it there Charles, it does it for all the channels.

Its a bug or an oversight, jabarrett35, I'd e-mail backchat about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hiya Damo,

I understand what you're saying, but I thought that maybe John had a sub and an FTA box. Hence the idea that maybe one (the Beeb one) was already set to narrative.

Hence the confusion (or my confusion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Yes, I looked to see what lanuage settings were and both boxes they are both in narrative but only the UK sub gives narrative. I've got a Irish sub in my bedroom and a UK sub in the living room. Though I can watch the UK one in the bedroom thats how I noticed it. The bedroom is the newer boxes of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ok, then its down to the fact that there are two versions of Sky One, one UK and one Irish, the only difference being Irish ads on the Irish one.

As I said, its an oversight, thats a good one for backchat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement