Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want old receiver for analog dish

• 02-05-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for an old receiver in order to get Eurosport, I have the old analog dish and I need to buy a receiver for it. Does anyone know where I can get one of these and how to set it up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not hard to setup.

May need to replace coax.

Is there an LNB?

go www.lyngsat.com to 13E and 19E Europe to see free analog on both those positions.

I have possibly a spare analog receiver. (Nr. Limerick)

Note that older ones the PSU can fail anytime.

If dish is rusted you need to completly polish the surface without distorting it and respray with paint to stop it rusting (don't use any metallic based primers or paints, even hand paint is OK if not too thick.).

Use a matt mid or dark grey or black not a shiny bright paint to reduce heat relected & focused on the LNB in March and October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

thankyou for that, i'm in dublin so your a little far away, how much would one cost approx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I have a Pace Decoder for sale. Bought 1996 brand new. Only used by me personally. It has 250 channels including Eurosport,
    plus remote control. Unused now since the departure of Channel 5 and is stored in my spare room.

Would be able to package up and post to your address.
    If interested pls send e-mail and we can discuss price etc.

Rgds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

I have one here in my house. Not sure of the make but can find out for you. Comes with remote. €50 if your interested.

Cheers,
    Mark.

P.S. I can also get you the dish and LNB if you need them but will cost more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd expect to pay €50 to €70 for old original slow digiboxes
    I'd expect to pay €0 to to €20 for old analog boxes (esp. since PSU can fail).
    Postage extra.

An analog box with Separate Polarizer connections (C-Band), dual i/p, 36V positioner control etc (maybe Nokia 1700 / 1800) worth more maybe €50, but basic old Sky Analog boxes are not worth much.

I suppose the postage is about €10 or so. If anyone wants old Analog boxes I can find out postage.

If you interested:
    PACE/Grundig with RF OK, no SCART €5
    Ferguson SCART no remote (well there is one but not working) €5

post packing extra at whatever it cost.

Tested on LNB before post, but as with all old domestic SMPSU powered gadgets it might "pop" when you plug it in.

I got a pair of nice MODERN analog receivers + dish + Universal LNB for under 100 in Lidl. I use one for powering sat meter as it has 22KHz on/off and 4 way Diseq control. You can buy stuff like that NEW in Germany for about 50 / 60 Euro without LNB/Dish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Thank you all for your help I think I've got one arranged. Really thanks- very helpful ppl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Lidl the german budget supermarket had a special offer on analogue dishes and decoders for only €149 last august maybe they might run that special again

Advertisement