Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for parents

Options
  • 02-05-2003 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

As (and I hate this phrase) a weekend father (I only see my daughter at the weekends, since the mother and I are no longer together), and I am thinking of putting together a website for all parents (families, single fathers, and single mothers).

And I am looking for some input - what kind of information would the parents on boards, like to see. Think of it as a central place where you could any information related to children and parenting, a one stop shop if you will.

Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

How to make veg in a meal invisible so kids will eat it.
    Entertaining toddlers on rainy days.
    How to discipline without being too hard or too soft.
    Helping kids learn while making it fun.
    Taking care of their emotional needs.
    Dealing with death of grandparents and or close friends/family.
    Kids and pets.

just some ideas straight from my head onto the keyboard. This is stuff I'd like to see. I've no kids of my own yet but I am spending a lot of time with my niece & nephew and aim to start my own family in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about alternative entertainment (to TV)? A list of where children / families can go relatively inexpensively. A list of city playgrounds, museums, art galleries, events / exhibitions.
    Originally posted by commuterised
    Kids and pets.
    12 year old niece is learning the hard way to look after dog. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by commuterised
    Helping kids learn while making it fun.

Omg why god why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Victor :)
    Posted a thread above u might like :)
    Mention the website an u might get one free coffee! (ask 2 speak to miriam) lol :)

B

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Posted a thread above u might like :) Mention the website an u might get one free coffee! (ask 2 speak to miriam) lol :)
    Eh? (Oh, I only post here as an uncle & responsible citizen / spammer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

information for young people faced with an unexpected pregnancy.

a list of services that are available to them such as:
    counciling(www.cherish.ie)
    what their options are(keeping the child, adoption, abortion)
    general information such as who you can talk to, where you can get help, social welfare entitlements and the relevant forms to use, a list of colleges that support single parents at college and what they offer.(www.treoir.ie, www.welfare.ie)

maybe a section on what it costs to have a baby, like the cost of buggies, cots, food, nappies.. etc.

a section on pre-school services/créches/child minders for different areas of the country.

a legal corner, dealing with custody/access, maintenance, implications of marrying after the child is born, cohabitation...

oppertunities in education.

a forum for parents to chat and get to know eachother, to show them they're not alone out there.

somethong like www.thegreenbook.ie, but for the whole country.

Advertisement