Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little improvements ( to sky )

• 02-05-2003 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Though I am happy (:)) with sky I think little improvements could be made here and there.
    I thing I think would be good is if there was a countdown timer during the ads so you could flick around without missing the first few minutes after the ads.I doubt it would happen though because of the revenue lost !!!!!!!!!!

Any other ideas ???????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Being able to order your channels in whatever order you damn well want to, I'd like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what i would love is to be able to check a synopsis for a later programme on the search and scan banner. it is a pain having to use the EPG

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    what i would love is to be able to check a synopsis for a later programme on the search and scan banner. it is a pain having to use the EPG

Yea, I second that! It would be very handy indeed!

I'd also like an option where one button press would change the digibox picture settings from 16:9 to 4:3 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

or that while you are checking prem tables on text that you can still see the programme

Has anyone e- mailed their suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I want a recall button like other sat receivers have so you can hop back to the channel you were on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

when you see a ad for a programme that you like, press select to put it in the planner. that i think be so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

or a small screen in the top right hand corner showing another channel. That would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    Being able to order your channels in whatever order you damn well want to, I'd like that.

This is actually possible but its my understanding that a customisable EPG is only available on one STB that is normally supplied to hotels with some channels distro system and costs a big hit...ofcourse

Money dictates EPG placement im sure.

Originally posted by johnnyq
    or a small screen in the top right hand corner showing another channel. That would be great

A digibox can do picture in picture but given the current hardware i think only the latest STB's could handle this and i dont see many ppl digging into their own pockets to replace their box (my parents still have it goin old skool and bloody slow) and the notion of Sky offering further subsidies on new boxes to replace old ones is a stretch especially as it would be a straight swap with no new channel contract.

Also you have the limitations of Satellite broadcasting...your watching a channel that is polarised "V" you could watch channels polarised the same and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quive

would be nice to be able to add 'other channels' to the favourites button (radio caroline etc)

Advertisement