Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most disgusting food you've ever eaten?

• 24-05-2000 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

On my way to work this morning I was listening to the radio, as you do like. And they were having a discussion about the most disgusting thing you had ever eaten. One woman said that she was eating an orange and found a worm - truly disgusting! The only thing more terrible than that I think is eating an orange and find half a worm in it!!!!!

To Infinity and Beyond!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

mine would have to be airplane food, it's all the same they all are like flower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Have you ever eaten food from the DCU canteen??? Or even tried to???

I came up with a theory last year that all DCU canteen food is synthesised from prunes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The DCU canteen is a bloody disgrace - they charge more in there than restaurants I've been in! Don't they realise that students are poor damnit?!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I Japan I ate chopped and sliced jelly fish in a coleslaw sauce which I took to be coleslaw.

Euw! It tastes just like you'd expect it to as well. All slimey and fishy....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I ate sh1t once ...... No I didnt. I ate ome rotten stuff in portugal. Can think of any of it atm though.

Jhon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've eaten a bull's testicle. Damn nice it was too. If you're ever in Budapest make sure you have a Hungarian phrasebook for menus smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

One time i was in new york and i was at a sushi bar and i eat, raw eel, raw squid and some other raw stuff. Wasnt bad either

When I was camping out in Maigh Eo there'd be lots of midges (ya know the tiny little bastids who bite ya - itches like mad).

Anyways there was usually so many of them (camped beside forest) that whatever you eat had at least 10 of them stuck to it.

Ice-cream was the worst, you'd see all these black dots stuck to it... smile.gif

Alo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

I ate my dog(s)!

Yea, I love fried dog in the morning

John

(I can't Sleep BTW)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I suppose most people would object to sushi - the whole raw fish and seaweed action - but I personally really, really like it.

Similarly, most people go "haggis? eewwwww!" but I think it's really nice; kinda similar to white pudding, only with more cereal grain style stuff.

To be honest, there is NOTHING more disgusting than a bad curry. Semi-rotten meat heavily spiced so you don't notice the rankness. It's almost indistinguishable when it comes out the other end, too.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Had Bull Testicle in Portugal, Horse meat in france, but I have to say that the *worst* thing I have ever eaten was Jellied Pig's feet.... eeewwww.

Also, Cod Roe, big fishy tasting sack of little eggs, just crumbles in your mouth and bits of fishy stuff gets caught in your teeth and under your tongue.. absolutely vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I gotta agree with yis about the food in DCU, its truly rotten.

For ages there I just had to stomoch it but then I started going to cost cutters (small supermarket just outside)

Then I noticed that the old women who make up the rolls in there all have a rather nasty skin desease which causes their skin to flake all over the food.

Plus they don't wear gloves!

I still eat it cus its cheaper and tastes better then the crap they serve in DCU and at least they don't PRETEND to have good hygiene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

TRUE STORY!!! READ AT YOU PERIL!!! :
    One day I was in my fathers hotel working behind the bar and I had a pack of those ****ty peanuts. Some no name brand he kept under the counter to feed the monkeys that ran the threadmills that powered the Hotel. Anyway , I am eating the peanuts and suddenly I realise they are rotten! Blargh! So I run into the Kitchen to wash my mouth and on a stool I see what appears to be a cup of crystal clear water. It is in fact , some of the paint remover the painters spilled. I spit it out and as I slowly get poisoned , I take action and decided to eat some food to soak it up or something (or else I was hungry , I do not remember). I reach for the closest thing I can garb that is edible and it is one of our delightful Chicken Salad meals resting atop the cereal cabinet. It looks a bit...musky but I am not pickky and proceed to chomp it down. In walks my father and he tells me that one of our chefs has gone awol.Eventually, I ask him for how long and he says about 2 weeks. I do not know how he didnt miss the chef but my dads a weird guy. So he says to me : "anyway , I came in here to get the last salad he was working on before he left. One of the other chefs say he left it on the cereal cabinet" . So anyway , I ended up in hospital for 2 days with chemical and food poisoning and my father says I can not work for him anymore.I dont mind. Food is **** there anyway wink.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Ur watchin tooooooooooo much fawlty towers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Have you ever eaten food from the DCU canteen??? Or even tried to???
    I came up with a theory last year that all DCU canteen food is synthesised from prunes...

you should have seen it in 92 when i started there. ranks up there with octopus.
    sushi is yummi, as is haggis. but octopus. i think its just the thought of eating rubber bands that doesnt appeal to me!

AMP waits in the dark for cable to arrive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

has to be calamari (squid)

its got the taste and consistance of rubber.

yek!

this was pretty disgusting aswell

fugly052700.jpg

couldnt get the taste out for days

Thats pretty twisted, ah well **** it..... no not the baby.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

well i bought a drifter once at me local esso station, i chomped through half of it and when i pulled back the wrapper for the other half it was crawling with maggots..
    well i promptly wrapped the ****er up and sent it off to nestle who sent down a rep about a month later with a mad huge box full of nestle stuff (no drifters) and advised me that they were chocolate maggots and shouldn't have made me too sick.... bleh hehe oh i also drank a can of pee when i was a young lad but thats another story (i thought it was fanta.... someone had left it on the counter and i managed to drink it) luckily it was my own

• Advertisement

HE HE, píss. Mank. How come you havent been around IRC today...... Let me guess .... Work?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

i drank a shot glass of tobasco sauce to outdo my friend eating a raw onion, mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

well, i guess im in a different league to you guys... y'see i am a bit of a pro when it comes to evil food. i am the only humman in history to win the trinity iron stomach contest hands down two years running. this may not sound like much but i have eaten things that made the spectators vomit, and lickes my plate clean. i have eaten curried catfood with hair in it, i have drunk sour cream and lemon juice by the pint full. i have eaten lard. i have eaten lard kebabs. i have drank half a pint of shrimp in brine, in one go. i have downed half pints of tabasco/jalapeno/tobacco/black pepper mix.
    i have done all this and pretended to enjoy it, raising my empty plate above the crowds. i have kissed the severed heads of several pigs. additionally they paid me to do it, and it was all for charity, and well, dignity goes out the window when theres cold hard cash involved. any one out there can beat that, well, i feel sorry for you kid. anyone out there wants to attain the heights i once climbed, heres how i trained. paddys day 98, i went into abrakebabra on o'connell street and ate other peoples leftovers till i was full. thats when i knew i had the gift.
    the fame is easy to deal with; i had strangers in pubs wanting my autograph, people buying me pints for my stories and, weirdest of all, a groupie. what was she thinking?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

LOL - that's just sick d00d!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Oh yeah, I remember I ate a tin of catfood once *delicious*

Al.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement