Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone truly satisfied with their ISP ??..

Options
  • 02-05-2003 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Is any user of the internet in the Republic of Ireland, really satisfied or truly happy with the Internet access packages and all types of confusing deals on offer here at this moment from any ISP?..

Personally, I am far from satisfied and will remain annoyed until I can have FRIACO or even better at a fair fixed monthly flat-rate 24/7 online service at around €20 {inc Vat} per month.

Paddy20;) Tell them what will really make you satisfied, lets hear it from the *Horses mouth once again, so that the Irish media tycoons can be left in NO DOUBT, this time.

Paddy20;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i have eircom istream self-install..
    had it for a few weeks as i was one of first ppl to downgrade from i-stream solo to self install

i am completely unhappy with my service at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Hey, GUI_XP,

What problems have you had? How different is it from i-Stream Solo? (apart from price)

Was it just a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im very happy with esat netsmart 124 hours cut my internet bill by half (or more) and nearly never a problum

so im giveing them my broadband biz to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

im with esat netsmart at the mo, i am happy with it, except sometimes the service goes a bit wonky, like the last 2 days for instance i have been unable to play bf1942 or ef online, both just ping me out at 1023 and 999 respectively, seems to sort itself out though and things returm to normal

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Well Im on esat's residential dsl... they're upgrading me to IOL BroadBand this month,which will take a fiver off the price, put an extra gig on my cap and most importantly,upgrade me to 512k.. so I'll have to say that Im happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm in the same boat ... upgrading from Esat Broadband to IOL Broadband.

Looking forward to it.

Of course, could do with a cheaper price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm on UTV, have been since it started (like many others). I was always satisfied with it but in the last couple of days Ive noticed it's slowing down a lot. Today I pinged boards.ie and got an average time of about 3,500ms. It's quite erratic but thankfully seems to have calmed down a bit in the last few hours. Add to that the fact that my modem is knackered - it takes me at least 10 mins to connect every day. The connection drops infrequently, hopefully when I get a nice new shiny modem that'll be sorted.

I had thought about upgrading to ISDN for that bit of extra speed... I'll have to think about that carefully. Any connectivity above 64k is fantasy for me at the moment and will be until at least December; or so I've been informed by Eircom. Seeing as theres 2 lines in the house I may combine the two numbers into one ISDN installation to save me a bit of money on the rental.

Pissed off because I can't get broadband? Only as much as everyone else in Ireland that can't... The really annoying thing is that if I lived only a 5 minute drive up the road I could get a lovely 512k iol broadband connection. I cant even share a connection thru wireless with a friend up the road because of the topography of the area. No I'm not really satisfied with my ISP but it's the best option I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I just moved over from eircom to UTV-IP last week,
    Boy is there a difference in service, no more getting cut off every 30 minutes + download speeds are well up :D + saving a packet in the process + home phone calls are cheaper!

All good I think.

Roll on UTV Broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have i-stream solo and apart from the price im very satisfied with the service. Customer support is great and i havent once had to deal with a biddie wrt any setup issues. If i downgrade to starter i might so i may just jump to esat or netsource when i get a better picture of what the service is like.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've been happy with Leap.... very few problems and I get good customer support (though they DO know I'm an admin here so that might be a factor :) ).

Price needs to come down now but otherwise its fine.... very tasty.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Esat NoLimits on ISDN. €25 per month (I think) for as long as I want after 6pm and before 8am and all weekend. Pings for games are fine as are download rates. No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

For 56k DUN, I was a paid-up customer to UTV-Internet (way back in the day they were DNA-Internet) and was always rather happy with them. I rarely had a problem and when I did, they were always polite and tried to help. I still have that account for whenever I need to use 56k I might add.

My new connection is an IBB 512kb connection. When I first had it installed, I was informed of problems with the 3rock transmitter - fair enough. This problem persisted until last week and I was rather unhappy about it. Since last week it's been rather nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by Neo-
    Esat NoLimits on ISDN. €25 per month (I think) for as long as I want after 6pm and before 8am and all weekend. Pings for games are fine as are download rates. No problems here.

Same here. I haven't had a busy tone for over six months, nor have I had a dropped line. Consistently good speeds.

A bit of a slow down in the web for a couple of weeks in Feb/March but they jumped on it and fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭CutterIE

I'm with IOL's unlimited so free internet after 6pm and all weekend, the service is pretty good and there's no annoying auto kick off after 2 hours online like there is with most dial-up's in the UK, I hav'nt had a busy tone in over a year and connect at 52 - 53kbps every time, downloads are pretty good for dial-up ( I DL a 84mb file from Kazaa a few days ago in around 4 and a half hours) I'm moving over to ADSL with Netsource some time this month (me hopes)

Cheers
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I'm on ntl: always on 600 and i have to say that installation hassles aside ("its not available in your estate" "but both my neighbours can get it" etc) I am very happy with it. Fast, good pings, and very cheap (€40 per month including modem rental)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Neo-

Yup, same here! Am happy to be one of the lucky ones still on the SNL service! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im on Esat's Netsmart 120hour P.M. service and connecting to it via ISDN and so far I am very happy with the service I am recieving from them. I get a nice stable ping to UK game servers and a very aceptable dl rate. Of course id love a nice dsl connection but where I am currently living it will be 3020 :D

Advertisement