Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosetta

Options
  • 02-05-2003 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this yet? OMFG it's brilliant.

It's like....Clark Kent crawling like a snail through his origins so far...and now he takes a superman size leap forward into his past. I'll not say too much for those who haven't seen it yet but the Christopher Reeves character isn't too important to the plot which is good. I mean he's in there - he's part of it, but it's not like "Oh we'll go to this guy when we're stuck"

nicely done!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

It's absolutely brilliant! I don't know where you saw it Ice, download or whatever but I think it should be on E4 soon!

Don't miss it if you are a Superman fan!

John.
    --
    Hi all -

My favourite Smallville episode so far after Hourglass!

Well, when I heard Christopher Reeve was going to appear in the episode, I didn't expect that it would be so well thought out...

What were the things that amazed me most about the episode:
    • Maybe it was a dream, but we can see the potential here for future flight sequences, no off-camera Lois and Clark flying effects here - it was the real deal (or as real as it gets for us anyway!).
    • Okay, the use of the Superman the Movie music - wow! Not just the main theme from the film, but the sub-themes were used too when Clark and Jonathan were readying to open the ship. I had a look at the credits at the end to see was there a mention of John Williams, but they fly by so fast on the shrunken right hand side of the screen, no joy.
    • When I heard the Superman music, I sort of expected that Clark came from a goody goody -El family as in the movies, but they really kept true to the spirit of the comics in this one, with the people from Krypton not so admirable.
    • The download sequence - how cool was that? Flowing out of that diamond / logo-shaped hole in the wall. And it got rid of Professor Smarm as well, even better.
    • I enjoyed the Virgil Swann meeting, set up through e-mail (wasn't the ISP company digitalwave.com? vswann@digitalwave.com and ckent@digitalwave.com?). Liked the Man of Tomorrow reference too!

More as I think of it!

John.
    --

It's on tonight!

Here's the blurb from DigiGuide:

DRAMA: Smallville
    Channel: Network 2
    Date: Friday 16th May 2003
    Time: 19:00 to 20:00 (starting in 2 hours and 48 minutes)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    Rosetta. Series 2, episode 17.
    Drama series following the teenage years of the future Superman, Clark Kent.
    After an encounter in the caves, Clark suddenly has the ability to read the symbols on the cave walls. Something goes wrong, and his heat vision starts a fire on the farm. After rushing to put out the fire, one of the symbols is etched into the side of the barn. After a photo of the barn gets into the papers, Clark is contacted by someone who apparently can read Kryptonian symbols as well. Does Clark finally get the answers he's been searching for?

Cristopher Reeve guest stars.
    Starring: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum

Also on channel: E4
    Date: Monday 19th May 2003
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (starting in 3 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Just wondering, if Clarke is programmable, does this mean we could use his heatvision like a scanner/printer function? For doing things like Mount Rushmore II?

Hhehehehehe. I really pity anyone who's not seen this show - GET OUT AND WATCH IT NOW!!! So far it's been the best episode of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, I'm not sure where New York fits into the Superman universe, Metropolis is "The Big Apricot" :)

I've seen the second last episode too, there's a special guest actor who does the voice of Jor-El - let's just say he's familiar with the Superman movies as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

That was a very good episode alrite. If ye want to see the newer ones get kazaa and download them? Rosetta is season2 epi 17, up to season2 epi 22 is available on kazaa. I know its slow but leave ur pc on overnite and its there for u in the mornin? Just a thought!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Very cool episode. Lovely to hear the theme music at last and to see Clark flying. Absolutely brilliant.

Advertisement