Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Students Union

Options
  • 03-05-2003 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

In a sentence, they make me cringe! Never before have I met a bunch of such pretentious, Irish Times wannabe reporter -kids.

What purpose do they serve? They do not sit in on any Department conferences and have no say in the running of schools. I checked the website, but it did not mention where any of the "commitee" attends school. I say this because I presume they all attend a private Dublin school? (I STAND CORRECTED).

Do they have any representatives from outside Dublin (or indeed, in one of the state schools in Dublin)? From the general impression I got, they just seem so childish!

"It's not true that young people I know of drink?!?" - not that I'm jeering anyone who doesn't, but in all fairness?

Also, they say that it's the teachers fault and not the students. I accept this, in VERY limited circumstances, but most of the time it's down to an ill-mannered brat who just doesn't want to be in school and is BEYOND help.

Anyway, I'm only speaking for myself, but I see no purpose in the organisation other than to strengthen the egoes of those that run it. SECOND LEVEL IS NOT AS BAD AS THEY MAKE IT SEEM and does not need the radical overhauls they suggest. I enjoy school, it's a laugh most of the time. Please don't ruin it. And leave it in the hands of those who know what they are doing, not some 13 year old who should be studying for her Junior cert.

Anyway, make up your own mind...
    http://www.ussonline.net/

The Secondary Students Union - Does it serve any purpose? 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

there is a secondary schools union. for the students. ha ha ha. never heard of it. its a bit too late since i finished last year.

Advertisement