Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Board

Options
  • 03-05-2003 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm not sure if this has been requested before but can we have a star trek board please, it seems illogical (pun intended) that smallville (wtf?) and star wars have boards but star trek does not, considering the amount of material in star trek and the fact there is still new episodes running, while the likes of a star wars film sees the light of day every few years. I think the board would have quite a bit of traffic considering the amount of people that seem to be fans going by peoples names and avatar's. So can we have a star trek board please and other fans please add there name to mine

thank you

Data
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

CuLT stamp of approval :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Approval noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I would also like and use such a board.

Red

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I though it a bit funny that there wasnt one as it is. Think it;s a good idea. I'm not the biggest star trek fan but at times there is always something you want to know about the show without having to thrawl the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I like Star Trek and while i don't know if a board would catch much traffic, I would like to have one (mainly cos I think if the smallville one can survive, a Star Trek one surely could).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

The man from DelNinjaLeague™ says: "Yes" icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

It's highly unlikely u could possibly find a bigger trek head than myself but i say no, no and thousand times NO! :)

It generates some traffic but not enough for a seperate board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

merge it with star wars,fight to the death!!!

my sig tbh

<DeVore> GodDamnit jim! Im a bastard Operator from Hell not a beefy king!

Originally posted by azezil
    It's highly unlikely u could possibly find a bigger trek head than myself but i say no, no and thousand times NO! :)

Justify the Smallville board. There's a lot larger fanbase for Star Trek imho, been around for decades... how could there NOT be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by azezil

You don't have this board because it doesn't generate enough traffic? What makes you think that? Can you imagine how many Kirk vs. Picard polls there will be? It would be a spectacular board. Besides you already have boards that don't generate much traffic. This would be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

cult smallville is a private board, if u want a private forum, then ask, its still down to the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Zukustious
    Can you imagine how many Kirk vs. Picard polls there will be?
    Hopefully just one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, picard clearly ownz kirk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by sceptre
    Hopefully just one.
    Damn, I was hoping for none!?!

Smallville got a board cause cloud likes it :) Question it at ur own perl!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Doodee
    cult smallville is a private board, if u want a private forum, then ask, its still down to the mods.
    No it's not. It's under Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Huge trek fan here, but think its just fine in scifi/fantasy, don't think there would be enough posts to merit a seperate forum.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Originally posted by Doodee

Get some looking at the Sci fi/Fantasy board skillz .:rolleyes: :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've decided that the people who say they are big trek fans and don't want a seperate board are not big enough trek fans for my liking, shame on you's, yous will travel on the barge of the dead, and your dishonour will be passed to your children and your children's children. But in all seriousness i'm not looking for a private board everyone should be able to post, and with regards to traffic i think there would be an increase in star trek threads if it had its own board, and also if we where to look at the traffic on some of the other boards i'm sure removal of some of them would be considered sure look theres only four actual threads on the star wars board at the moment and as i mentioned star trek is continually being produced and released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

From the looks of things, Star Trek does alot of the traffic on the Sci-Fi / Fantasy board.

I've changed my mind. I'm all for a Star Trek board now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Why hasn't anyone ever thought of this before? Including me? I mean I'm one of those uber-trekkies. Yeah.

I vote yes.

}:>

its been discussed before and rejected!

now down with this sort of thing! :)

it may have been discussed before and that is fine, but times change and decisions need to be reviewed and from what i can see there seems to be quite a bit of support for this and i doubt all people who would be interested have actually found this thread to give there allegiance (sp?). Have to say i was quite surprised myself when i saw there was no star trek board, azezil is afraid the sci-fi board itself will have no traffic is a star trek one is set up :)

non-sense i'd go out of my way to make sci-fi popular if that happened ;)

ah like the good old days

Whats the good old days? when sci-fi was popular? :) have to say azezil i'm shocked i'd thought you'd be a staunch supporter and you let me down, maybe i'll have to pm lucutus :)

Oh i'd love to talk about star trek all of the time i just don't think it necessary to have a seperate board.

but by that train of thought, no individual sci-fi show/book/film would necessarily need its own board?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

How about I rename the Star Wars forum to Star Wars/Star Trek?

Originally posted by ecksor
    LOL :D
    but by that train of thought, no individual sci-fi show/book/film would necessarily need its own board?
    i've no idea, i protested about each one of them being taken from the collective ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by ecksor
    Or "My god, it's full of stars".

/me awaits a Jeri Ryan board with gleeful clicky finger.

Advertisement