Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I would have thought that the fact that people wanted it was a good enough reason? considering there handing out boards for utter crap like the ninja's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    I would have thought that the fact that people wanted it was a good enough reason? considering there handing out boards for utter crap like the ninja's

and *cough* Kittencake *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

and *cough* Star Trek *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's an awful case of Sars you guys have.

... a hypochondriac goes into a Chinese takeaway and asks "One bag of chips please, with an extra portion of sweet and SARS sauce."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It'd be nice to have a simple 'Yes' or 'No' from the admins before this thread decends into complete and utter Drivel :(.

• Advertisement

Well said Slydice who actually answers these matters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

just look at the response in this thread alone. it would be a thriving board.

mind you I get little enough work done as it is without spending all day reading and discussing about Star Trek. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Make the borg! er, board... Just do it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

resistance is futile...

groan:(

ah funny coz its true.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Er, sorry to intrude on the trekkie convention here but...

The scifi board isn't exactly overflowing with posts about Star Trek. I noted the other day that before Dataisgod replied to one of the Enterprise episode threads, all of the 5 previous enterprise episode threads had a max of 1 reply (if any), and they were all made by either Slydice or Praetorian.

As enterprise is the only new Star Trek being made (no films afaik), discussion about the old series wouldn't be enough to sustain a forum of its own. And Praetorian/Slydice posting "i thought this was a good episode :):):p;) :cool:,
    LAZERS!!! OH TEH BORG ARE COOL
    " once a week isn't really enough either, imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thats a bit of a silly argument kaids

my own 2 cents is that I'd post loadsa stuff about Star Trek if there was a dedicated board the reason I dont o it now is because the Sci-Fi board scares me and I like to be safe in the knowledge that I am surrounded by fellow trekkies (or trekkers if thats waht tickles your fancy)

JUST MAKE THE ****ING BOARD OR I'LL ****ING GO ****ING MENTAL FOR **** ****ING **** ****ING SAKE MAN!!!!!

(damn torurettes syndrome)

Originally posted by the-raptor
    thats a bit of a silly argument kaids

my own 2 cents is that I'd post loadsa stuff about Star Trek if there was a dedicated board the reason I dont o it now is because the Sci-Fi board scares me and I like to be safe in the knowledge that I am surrounded by fellow trekkies (or trekkers if thats waht tickles your fancy)

JUST MAKE THE ****ING BOARD OR I'LL ****ING GO ****ING MENTAL FOR **** ****ING **** ****ING SAKE MAN!!!!!

(damn torurettes syndrome)
    The threads called "Enterprise: EPISODE 285" don't tip you off?

Slydice and co create plenty of threads about Star Trek for people to reply to, and virtually nobody does. There doesn't seem to be much demand for a Trek board to me, a couple of people replying to a thread here saying "Oh I would post lots if etc etc" doesn't hold water imo.

Actually, reading my own post I realised the benefits of no more Star Trek posts on the Scifi board... No more posts on Star Trek.

Create away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What Mike said - that said, I might be tempted to post occasionally about SF that doesn't suck if the board wasn't the sole preserve of half-dead threads about bloody Enterprise :)

(The main problem with the SF board is that traffic which should be going there is equally relevant on TV, Film and Literature boards.... Which is a shame really.)

See kaids the thing is with slydice and praetorian is they are discussing episodes of enterprise that haven't aired on sky over here yet to the best of my knowledge and are gotten from the internet which means that a very limited audience have seen them so the discussion is quite low as one would expect, also in the threads they have posted quite a few just refer to the episode by name and i don't know about you but i don't recall all of the episodes by name and hence i can't comment when if i have seen the episode on whether i thought it was good or not. However if you look at last monday nights episode which aired on sky you will some discussion here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94342

anywho at least you are a supporter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Don't try to be a great man - just be a man.

If nothing else comes of this thread ( especially an admin decision from the looks of things :p:) ) at least the Sci-Fi fantasy board has been given a little boost in usership.

Aye aye Slydice, Azezil and co. are coming out well in this, what does one have to do for an admin response round here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All in good time Commander Data.

Excellent Gordon excellent i leave it in your capable paws, godspeed captain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'd be inclined to say no. The Sci/fi mods should be/are tolerant/encouraging towards star trek posts so I don't see why it shouldn't live there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Because we need a board purely for Star Trek. We don't wan't it mingled in with everything else, when it'll be able to support it's own board.

Star Trek Rules!

The Peoples Republic of Vulcan have spoken. They desire a home for their 'like minded' folk and for their unique ethnic rituals of homage.

Praise the T'Pol, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I reckon a star trek board would well hold it's own especially considering the amount of nerds here:cool:
    C'mon us trekkies need a home.:)

Red

*watches tumbleweed brush by*

Were we answered and we just didn't notice?

Originally posted by ecksor
    I'd be inclined to say no. The Sci/fi mods should be/are tolerant/encouraging towards star trek posts so I don't see why it shouldn't live there ...

was this the answer? :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lots going on... thinking.

DeV.

• Advertisement

ah thanking you Dev.

Advertisement