Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Board

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

What Kaids said to be honest. After the initial flurry of "ooh I like foutón torpedoes and retro rockets”, Myself and Slydice would be the only regular posters ;)

If it happens, Slydice would be a good moderator. I could help him out, if it ever gets busy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

To be clear, I like Star Trek, I waste far too much of my weekends watching Voyager and Enterprise when I should be studying etc etc etc.

I just think that there is a natural place for such discussion, and that is the Sci/Fi board. I realise that there are other niche boards, but we could just as easily have similar arguments apply to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate SG-1, Angel, etc etc.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, wait and see what DeVore thinks, or appeal to Cloud's sci fi leanings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ignore Kaids he smells of wee. :)

Star Trek is welcome, i just find it ironic these so called fans havn't posted a single thread before now (appart for Slydice *kisses*)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have no problem with creating a private (or public) community for a group of people who really want to talk about Trek in depth but unless the Mods of Scifi are unhappy with the level of Trek posts (or think that they are drowning out other potential threads) I dont know if I want to create a board for such a specific topic.

On the other hand, it doesnt cost us anything.

Still thinking. Would like to hear from the other SciFi mods about it too.

DeV.

ps: we allow debate to rage before wading in so that everyone gets a chance to have their say. Hence the delay.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by DeVore
    Still thinking. Would like to hear from the other SciFi mods about it too.
    Um, we've both expressed our views, unless theres something going on i don't know about ;)

There's been a couple more Trek posts recently than per usual, which I think is probably something to do with the request for the board.

I don't mind either way, I just suspect that the creation of a Star Trek board will end up leaving the Scifi board about as active as the webgames board and after an initial flurry on the Trek board, it will go the way of the dodo too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

/me taps DeV on the shoulder
    eh hi hun sci-fi mod yeah ;)

If it wasn't clear by now i don't see the need for a seperate board, I strongly encourage more Trekkie stuff on the board ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by kaids

There's been a couple more Trek posts recently than per usual, which I think is probably something to do with the request for the board.

Yeah. Hrm, I love Star Trek but I'd hate to see a board made just because some guys got it into their heads that they wanted one. The star wars one is just dwaining away.

If a trek board was made, I'd like it to be conditional that the admins check it after maybe 1 month, 3 months and 6 months to see if it's been worthwhile and whether it shouldn't be just merged back with the Sci-Fi Board. (That can be done afaik :confused:, right? )

Originally posted by azezil
    If it wasn't clear by now i don't see the need for a seperate board, I strongly encourage more Trekkie stuff on the board ;)

:D yeah most of the time by trying to piss me off :o:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just had a look at the Smallville and Star Wars boards. They are very quite! If Star trek had its own board, I'd say it would have alot more activity in the long term. However, the Sci-Fi board would then be very quite.

If it was a democracy, I'd vote yes for Star trek and Yes for Slydice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i think slydices idea bears merit, the activity on the board could be monitored like a trial run or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

This board would increase my postage on boards by a significant amount. I don't know how much but I really want a Star Trek board, so could we please just get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I gave up on page 4 of this thread, but I think that it might be better for the Sci-Fi board if it was not clogged with Star Trek posts - you might actually find something of interest there!

So, henceforth, etc., I have created a Star Trek board. Skin to follow :)

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

cloud9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Thanking you Cloud

Good Job :)

Advertisement