Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting film to video or dvd

• 03-05-2003 8:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

What could you use to convert old film to video or dvd. I know you can send it to a company to do it for you but I don't want to do that. Is there a machine that you can get? I'm not even sure what words to search for??
    (As you may have guessed by my lack of details it's not for me)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

film ? as in 35mm camera slides ? what type ?ther's loads of different type's of films out there what type do you have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

yea, sorry about that - maybe I should know more about the question I'm asking first:D
    As far as I know it's 9mm or maybe 12mm
    The only way I know how to explain it is that it can be shown on a projector and it's moving film not slides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

the old reel's of film ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

If it was film on vhs u could use a capture card get a few cables and hook it up to a pc... seen a m8 do it.. wasnt to far advanced that he could do it m8..
    Seeing as it the old reels i cant really help u but im sure theres something on the market that cant help u !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Do you mean those old home make movie in the 70's
    Like in the "wounder years"
    You can project on to the wall and peoplve movies a little too fast.

I think the camera is called "Cine camera"
    so the movie should be Cine movie.

The tape, Cine film, comes in different formats (8mm, standard8,super8, 9.5mm, 16mm, 35mm)

You will need a machine to capture film frame by frame and record them into computer.

Chick this site for a sample pic of machine and more info
    http://members.aol.com/fmgp/trans.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement