Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance company rip off

Options
  • 03-05-2003 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Did any one else ever notice this.

I just passed my test, and rang the insurance company to get a quote as my insurance is due in a few weeks. They quoted me 1400, then i went to there website and i got a quote of 1250.

The only difference in the quotes is that the 1st one is paid over 12 months, and the second one is 450 up front, then the rest over 10 months.

Can anyone explain this difference or are they trying to rip me off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The difference is between finance arrangements and is completly normal. If you pay the whole amount up front you'll get an even bigger saving.

Advertisement