Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i doing it wrong ?

Options
  • 03-05-2003 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Ive tried several times to use eircons line tester but it wont work.Ok i know that im probably nowhere near an enabled exchange but you would think that you would get a message saying so but no i put in my account number my phone number and send to Eircom.All that happens is the little egg timer goes on for about 5mins before it says the server timed out.Does this server timed-out message mean im not on an enabled exchange and if so why cant Eircom put some kind of message alla esat saying its not availble in my area at the moment ???.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

it will tell you if your line fails the test or passes, somethings wrong if its timing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Just call Eircom on 1901 (freephone) and ask for an ADSL line test. Do not get DSL with them however; IOL Broadband costs a lot less and has a bigger cap, and Netsource does not have a cap at all thoguh it is more expensive, but worth it if you are planning on using it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I have nooooo intention of going with eircon even if i could get DSL of any flavour in this neck of the woods.But a few other resellers as listed by Urban Weigl will be able to offer a service through eircon enabled exchanges.As for phoning 1901 number there would be very little point as even if our local exchange were enabled they would probably be the last to know judgeing by some of the posts here on the boards.:D

I wonder if the timed-out problem is caused coz im using UTV,s ISP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nope, I'm on UTV and it works fine.

Try a different browser?

Or even try dialing up with a diff number (UTV Free, naturally).

Advertisement