Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight: Hot Hot Heat!!!

Options
  • 03-05-2003 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

HOT HOT HEAT
    plus special guests TEN SPEED RACER

Saturday 3 May 2003 - Whelan's of Wexford Street
    Doors 8pm - Tickets 14 euro

The toast of the music (toilet) papers right now, HOT HOT HEAT sound less like products of The Strokes' Finishing School and more like The Cure mainlining with The mAKE-uP. Tours with Les Savy Fav and Radio 4 have smartened them up no end - the album has some fantastic moments. The original special guest was to be HAR MAR SUPERSTAR - a classic cross between Prince, Gold Chains and Ron Jeremy - but he waws forced to pull out of the gig due to illness (check out the quote: "Apparently I've got a pirate's disease called shingles. I'm really sorry I had to cancel the shows but I didn't want to give everyone in the UK chest herpes. I'm still the ****ing best and I'll be living in the UK all summer so you'll get enough of me then". Saving the day will be TEN SPEED RACER in the special guest slot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

was a bit disappointed with this actually.....not much stage presence and all over too quick (50mins !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Couldn't disagree more. Ten Speed Racer got the night going in flying style. Could have done with 10 more mins though. Awesome! HHH were fantastic. And considering all they have released is a 35 min album I thought the length was perfect. Definitely the gig of the festival for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

Er...would it not be a tie between HHH/TSR and Future Kings Of Spain?
    Who were unbelievably rocking on Friday at the Music Centre??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I think Amen was the best gig all weekend. Casey was on his worst behaviour, then after the gig Casey stuck around to sign cd's,tickets, arms,passports,driving licences (truth).

He was giving things away like mic stands and drum stools to the kids and they were being dragged back by the security. Some girl was pist that she got the mic stand and they wouldnt let her take it.....i mean as if!!!

'The bill is up-side-down' ( to the tune of 'youre $hit and you know you are') But they werent, if you KWIM. Wildhearts were pretty dated..sorry ging

Moment of the wkend, maybe the rain for Craig David, thank you god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Daylight - they actually have an EP as well..knock, knock, knock it's called....

I just thought they were goin thru the motions a bit.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Fair enough. there were quite a few tunes i didn't know so i guess they were from ep. Still thought they played a great gig though. And I would much prefer a band played a great short set than try to play for over an hour when they don't have enough material to justify it. And yes madouva the FKOS gig on friday was definitely something a bit special. Loved the light show as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

missed the actual gig, but did you see the size of Robert Smith#2's head? I touched it, and that was HEAD not hair. Jesus what a melon

Advertisement