Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadcast instead of wires.

• 04-05-2003 12:29am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Because of my proximity to the tv's in my house i want to know is there a device out there that would allow me to brodcast a tv signal from my PC and tune my tv to pick it up?
    I have TV out but it's svideo so there is no sound . I want something that includes sound and a good color picture. Am I asking too much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

there was a device for sale in lidl/aldi a while back dont have a clue how good it was r what the name was even . but seemed to do everything you wanted ill try and find out the name of it and post it up

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

cheers, what about remotly controling your system, any ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wireless keyboard and mouse?
    You did say you were in close proximity to the tv's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by TomTom
    Because of my proximity to the tv's in my house i want to know is there a device out there that would allow me to brodcast a tv signal from my PC and tune my tv to pick it up?
    I have TV out but it's svideo so there is no sound . I want something that includes sound and a good color picture. Am I asking too much?

No, you are not asking too much.

I have the Argos DigiSender, one of the best gadgets I ever bought. It is intended for the transmission of a TV signal from one place to another (e.g. a downstairs Sky Digital box to an upstairs TV). There is no reason you can't do the opposite - take a tv-out signal from the PC (and sound out), feed it into a SCART convertor and feed this into the Digisender (the Digisender only has a SCART connection). At the TV downstairs, or wherever, plug in the DigiSender reciever and hey presto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

or you could save yourself €100 and get a drill + some coax it will do the same trick and save you quite a bit of money

• Advertisement

No drilling allowed, I would be shot. I have a cordless keyboard and mouse, unfortunatly the TV I want to connect to is in another part of the house altogether and there is no way they connect. Remote controling is not that inportant any way, it was just an enquiry.
    That digisender sounds like just the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

what would the picture quality be like on a 28 widesreen, watching a decent avi , through a coaxial from a ti200???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

Maplin (well did last week?)have these video senders on special at the mo, better call em up first.

i use it for sending signals from my PC to video projectors at gigs (70 - 100 feet usually, so its quite good) Had it since the sales at chrimbo with no probs and a decent signal, does stereo sound too and has a remote function so your wireless KB and Mouse / remote will work too (as long as its IR)

think there going out for 89 euro in maplin - you can get extra receivers too :D

laters

steve

keyboard and mouse are radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

whats the range like ?

BTW was walking past maplin today, there down to 84.99 euro

laters

• Advertisement
Advertisement