Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xp home,,problems

Options
  • 04-05-2003 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

today i update my winxp package via the update i got the service pack 1a on the comp now after that i installed sims on the comp, then i had to install norton system works 03, i did all that fien no problem there then i went to plat the games,, the first thing what it now says is[[ please login in with aministrator priveleges and try again, but i am the administrator, so i removed it reinstalled it same problem i removed it again and norton 03 still did not work i tried to play a different game same problem,, has anybody got any idea's, help :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

anybody have any idea's for this dilemma:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

It sounds like you need to be logged in as an administrator to run programs, but try this:

"Right click" the icon (for the program you want to run) and select "run as", then select "Administrator" and type in your password.

It would be a good idea to give your own account Administrative Priviledges for future offline computing.

One more thing, I had problems with Windows XP and Norton Utilities before, where the computer would freeze for no apparent reason.

i tried it it still is giving the same problem, i am the administrator of this account, and can't access the games, the pain of not being able to play the sims:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You could try make a new admin account.
    Rather than using the main admin account.

i tried to do and i gave the other account administrator priveleges and it still does not work.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

The problem could be with the windows update.

Uninstall Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) Q811493 Security Update. It can screw up Norton AV and slows your PC down too.

You can look Here for more info.

Cal

i sorted it all out i got rid of the service pack 1a and did a system restore out of safe mode, and now it works fine again damm that microsoft anyway with their dodgy service packs. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Not a problem. Don't mention it.:rolleyes:

thanks cal67. for ya help:ninja: :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get the SP1, SP1a is SP1 without Java Virtual Machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement