Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I post this?

Options
  • 04-05-2003 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I need to know what a Dax Box / Line Splitter Box? or whatever you call it is? And what it looks like. There is a little Grey Box on the Telecom Pole just outside my house, and since it went up there within the last few weeks my connection has gone downhill from ISDN to 56k. So can anyone direct me to what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance,

OHP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=648991#post648991

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=587622#post587622

If they just installed it , they just did something VERY illegal and you can report them to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Excellent stuff Dustaz. No all I need is a big ladder and go look see if it is actually a Dax Box after reading this:
    <SNIP>
    1. White/Grey/Cream Box on telephone pole, inside your house if you have a second phone line (really 2 halves), or on the exterior of your house.
    2. The box mentioned above usually has the word "Multigain" with a number after it. i.e. Multigain 2000.
    <SNIP>
    Its a bit dark out there now but ill be sure to get back on here and let ye know if it is one. And its great to know exactly what to do after I read those links. Thanks again. :)

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by OHP
    and since it went up there within the last few weeks my connection has gone downhill from ISDN to 56k. So can anyone direct me to what I should be looking for?

I compute not.

Are you saying you have ISDN

Are you saying your connection speed has dropped from 64k to 56k since the box was installed.

Have you reported an ISDN fault .....you don't have to ring 1901 you lucky lad.

Have you tested this ISDN line with a few service providers, all connect at 56k not 64k do they ?

What ISDN signalling set is enabled in the ISDN settings (modem control panel maybe?) ISDN was a 56k standard in the US until recently so you may have an incorrect setup at your end.

M

ermm Muck you lost me with all that mumbo jumbo stuff. All I said was and since it went up there within the last few weeks my connection has gone downhill from ISDN to 56k. Meaning that I actually have ISDN but its running like a 56k connection. In other words its terrible!. In reply to the rest of your post without quoteing it all over the place. Yes I have but they said it was ok, yes again. And they (all ISP's I have connected to) connect at 64k but there are huge differences between them all but yet they are not what they used to be. I honestly do not know all the techy stuff I just notice the difference big time ok?

OHP

Just a bit of an update on this. I have spoken to a guy I know in Eircon (not a techy guy) but he said that even though there might be a box there on the pole that my line might not be connected to / or affected by it and that is it highly improbable that my line being ISDN would be split. It might be for the other houses around me though. I hate doing it but I will be on to Eircon ISDN help tomorrow to see what they can find out for me. (needless to say :( I won’t get an honest answer from them)

OHP

• Advertisement
Advertisement