Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PoD..first experience

• 04-05-2003 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Tonight i experienced the Redbox for the first time and i was nothing short of impressed. TBH, the music is not to my liking but that is only to say that you wont find me listening to it @ home alone but in a certain environment like Dave Clarke + a hyped crowd then its ideal.

I dont know weather tonight was a good night to visit the redbox for the first time cus maybe the music wont be as *good* when its just the house dj every other week but im so oblivious to what makes good dance music i doubt i will notice.

The place was uncomfortably jammed tonight so from my perspective the stage was the best place to be to 1) avoid destroying my lovely shirt with other peoples flying drinks etc and 2) fuk'n fag burns....ahhh!!
    So i made my way to the stage and literally danced my ass off for 3 hours and the stage was a great place to be to see Lenny strut his moves from below....made me dizzy

I found the place to be less pretentious then other night clubs and i think i have been to everyone of them in dublin. people wear what they want and appeared to more friendly than in other joints. now i dont know if thats cus they were all up on yokes or whatever but it was just a nicer place to be.

Apart from some cute blonde chick trying to sweet talk my beautiful phone away from me...i got to keep her shoes in that deal i didnt fall for it but Lenny almost did....kids these days, the night was excellent.

Certainly going back again & again & .....

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I almost did, where are yea going?
    I was one to say "I don't have a fone" right away.

btw, you were in the rebox, you just entered the redbox via the pod :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Lenny
    btw, you were in the rebox, you just entered the redbox via the pod :p

technicalities...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Yeah its a great place alright, only problem I have with the red box is that he floor isn't level. Theres little steps everywhere!

I had to leave early about a moth ago cos my girlfriend fell over one of them. I had to take her home early. Her wrist still hurts her.

My friend hurt himself as well that night! Out of 9 of us, 2 got injured just from walking around!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Maybe don't drink as much? :)

Ahh i know what the steps are like, yea get used to them. but tis funny lookin at people fallin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I wanted to go last night but i arrived down at 1 o' clock with no ticket and I couldn't get past the monkeys on the door.

Buckled myself on one of those steps a few weeks ago. Saw this girl I know and like and went over to talk to her. She was standing on the other side of a wall and she was about to say hello when I fell on my ass on my side of the wall. I just crawled away and hoped she'd think I'd disappeared.

• Advertisement

I have to say though, that was one of the best nights in the redbox, though very overpacked and very sweaty. even sweat dripping off the ruff loads!
    Going finally get a sleep now after a mad night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Apart from some cute blonde chick trying to sweet talk my beautiful phone away from me...i got to keep her shoes in that deal i didnt fall for it but Lenny almost did....kids these days, the night was excellent.

Certainly going back again & again & .....

Ye should come along with me on a friday night, good music, good drink, good drugs?, good people ;)

Where you go on a fri night Stan?

The pod :D

Its HAm on in the pod every friday now ainit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

erd box is dreadful, no atmosphere, its like a ****ing cattle barn.... switch [in the glory days - doubt its any good now], the shelter and [apparently - though im in holland and aint been yet - the metropolitan] are the only decent clubs in dublin...

Its HAm on in the pod every friday now ainit?

Yuppers

..and this means what?

PS: Stan, if i go to the sweatbox with you, please leave all your dirty intentions of filling me with pills to get into my pants!

So, is Friday anygood?

FRIDAY - H.A.M.

€10/€8 members

SHAY HANNON and HUGH SCULLY in HAM & TONIE WALSH plus occasional guests in The
    Abattoir.

POD's weekly gay extravaganza from the makers of Powderbubble.

Honestly couldn't tell yea what the music is like..
    Don't expect it to be anything like dave clarke cherno

Don't expect it to be anything like dave clarke cherno

So Saturday night is for me then?...aahh well no more Q-Bar on Saturday then.

Well the saturday night kinda varies now.. it can be drum n bass, techno, hardish trance or trance.. depends on who is playing

Advertisement