Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nostalgia food

• 04-05-2003 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

What are those dishes that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
    perhaps its your childhood favorite, or the meal you were having when xyz said they loved you....

mine is probably the boiled egg and toast soldiors my mammy made for me when i was a kid...brings a tear to my eye:(

come on, let it all out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 loveheartsandnicotine

Baked beans and buttery mash.....gross but SOO comforting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Ben & Jerry's on a rainy winter night tucked up cozy in front of the telly watching a light-hearted film (comedy being my personal choice).
    My fave Ben & Jerry's flavour is Phish Food very closely followed by Chocolate Fudge Brownie...mmm...especially if you let it soften and mix it up so it's more like chocolate mousse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

mine's similar to ferdi's. Soft boiled egg in a cup with bits of buttery bread all mashed in. Aaaahhh. Feels so good even now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

oh you sure cant beat a soft boiled egg with soldiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Butter Choppie (well thats what my Mum used to call it) - Mashed Potatoes, milk, butter and salt all mixed together!!! Definitely brings back childhood memories!!

Sounds disgusting but yum, yum :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement